Colors. Colors!!!

momjules

May 4, 2015
Qvc outlet sale today.
I’ve always liked this bag.
Only keeping two
I always liked brown
Red is my favorite color. Yellow is great for spring and summer.
89.00 today only at Qvc outlet!
Which two colors to keep?
Seems silly to keep three of the same bag.
Any one have a opinion?

Qvc outlet sale today.
I’ve always liked this bag.
Only keeping two
I always liked brown
Red is my favorite color. Yellow is great for spring and summer.
89.00 today only at Qvc outlet!
Which two colors to keep?
Seems silly to keep three of the same bag.
Any one have a opinion?

I tend to go though my bags and evaluate how many I have in each color and size. This helps me realize the gaps I have in my handbag wardrobe. Also, I look at clothing/outfit options and see what I will use.

My problem is I tend to go for basics. For instance, I have four brown handbags, but they are various styles of cross body, shoulder and satchel in natural, chestnut and T-moro. I may be a bad person to give advice about colors for handbags. I tend to stay away from too many colors because I grab for my neutral bags, but if you love a pop of color---go for it.

I vote yellow, too. I bought a golden yellow bag years ago and thought, “Now WHAT am I going to wear with that thing!” I really thought I had lost my marbles and bought it because it was the only bag at the Dooney counter that I didn’t already have. But it went with everything and I just love that bag even until this day. I laugh every time I think about it and I can’t help but smile when I carry it.

Good luck with your decision. They are all beautiful and there is no bad decision to be made here.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Good morning ladies!!
I’m having a horrible time choosing red or yellow.
I’m changing into the brown today so maybe that will help me decide.
89.00 dollars makes it that much harder.
Three of the same bag doesn’t seem right .
After today I should be closer to red or yellow.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Good morning ladies!!
I’m having a horrible time choosing red or yellow.
I’m changing into the brown today so maybe that will help me decide.
89.00 dollars makes it that much harder.
Three of the same bag doesn’t seem right .
After today I should be closer to red or yellow.
Three of the same bags in different colors, at a great price is justifiable if it's a style you use a lot. You can easily rotate colors depending on your mood. Most Dooney bags are around $200.00 and higher, and you're getting three for $267.00. That's a great deal! (Once again, if it's a style you carry frequently.)
But if you really have to choose between RED and yellow........do I have to say it? :roflmfao: Actually, I've been looking for a nice yellow bag for the Spring/Summer, so surprisingly I would keep yellow as my fun to carry bag. (Of, course I would keep red and yellow and return brown.:rolleyes:)
Good luck with your decision! Keep us posted!

Reactions: starbucksqueen
MJ: tough choice, I like them all! The brown looks like a tan in your picture... a medium/light neutral. So, if you only pick 1 other, I'd go for the red one.
I like the yellow one also, so I don't think you can make a mistake. After you carry the brown one around for a while, you will know how much you love the bag. At the price, if the style works for you.... go for all 3 colors.
My first choices would have been red and yellow, then tan. But I love color in handbags.

I have the pebbled E/W Derby tote... I think that's the bag you have pictured. I have the Grass green, and just changed into it last night. I like the bag, but for me, the lock, which is beautiful and easy to open/close, adds weight to the bag, and I think I might have a problem with that. Also, the straps are flat, not rolled, and I don't care for the rustic look of the underside of the straps. Those are just personal preferences, but I've used them to decide that this is a style I don't need in multiples.... as much as I love the look of the leather and the lock. I did get a yellow pebbled leather tote (Layla) at the end of last year. I was obsessed with getting another yellow handbag.

Sometimes I justify a purchase by remembering I can use the D&B trade-in program. I have three bags on my wish list and have three bags to turn in for the new orders.

One bag was the old AWL satchel style that sold for $230.00 (if I remember correctly). I paid $118.00, so I should get a credit for $115.00 after using the bag for years. It looks brand new. If you look at it this way, and it is the way I justify new D&B handbag purchases...it is like the bag is basically FREE.