Colors by the Yard- Ruby anyone?

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
I'm obsessed with the Ruby CBTY and am wondering if anyone here has one? Would love to see pics, and hear you opinion on the color of their Rubies.

Unfortunately (for me), it only comes in yellow gold and platinum. Yellow gold makes me look sickly - think jaundice.
The platinum version looks very cold with the Ruby, not sure I love it.

Anyone else obsessing over this necklace? Praying to the powers that be that it comes out in a Rose Gold version. This is the one DBTY/CBTY piece I'm willing to splurge on as I think it would look awesome layered with my other pendants. I just desperately want it in RG.

@BPC I don't have any Ruby CBTY pieces yet either, but I join you in your obsession, lol! I was just drooling over it in YG yesterday actually, and was contemplating putting it on my wish list for Valentine's Day, when the doorbell rang. In a shocking twist, it was a box from Tiffany for my husband...he usually buys gifts at the last minute, but said that this year he was on it and that it was my V day gift! So too late to add it for V Day this year...but I'm strongly considering adding it for Mother's Day and, like you, would love to hear others' thoughts on it. :smile:

I also join you in your love of RG. YG works well for me too, but platinum and white gold are less flattering on my skin tone. I still have a few pieces in them, but mainly stick to the warm toned metals, which look better with my peachy, freckled skin. :smile:

@BPC I don't have any Ruby CBTY pieces yet either, but I join you in your obsession, lol! I was just drooling over it in YG yesterday actually, and was contemplating putting it on my wish list for Valentine's Day, when the doorbell rang. In a shocking twist, it was a box from Tiffany for my husband...he usually buys gifts at the last minute, but said that this year he was on it and that it was my V day gift! So too late to add it for V Day this year...but I'm strongly considering adding it for Mother's Day and, like you, would love to hear others' thoughts on it. :smile:

I also join you in your love of RG. YG works well for me too, but platinum and white gold are less flattering on my skin tone. I still have a few pieces in them, but mainly stick to the warm toned metals, which look better with my peachy, freckled skin. :smile:

Hoping someone with the Ruby will post pics. So in love with it.
Platinum is actually my fave, but not with Rubies. If I wanted a Blue Sapphire, I would totally do platinum.

I recently purchased the CBTY ruby/18kt gold bracelet and am in love! I am layering it with a gold dbty bracelet and it’s so pretty. The color of the ruby looks to be top quality and the price point for the bracelet wasn’t so bad considering it’s Tiffany. Will post pics when I can later.

I recently purchased the CBTY ruby/18kt gold bracelet and am in love! I am layering it with a gold dbty bracelet and it’s so pretty. The color of the ruby looks to be top quality and the price point for the bracelet wasn’t so bad considering it’s Tiffany. Will post pics when I can later.

yes, please post pics! looking forward to seeing them.

Reactions: noellesmommy
I just purchased the ruby CBTY necklace in the larger size. I was going to try to find something similar from a local jeweler but the rubies I saw didn’t appeal to me- some were too pink, many didn’t have that sparkle factor. I’m very picky with ruby color- and the ruby on the CBTY was a really beautiful “true red” that practically glowed. I love rubies in rose gold too- but the yellow gold chain is so delicate and complimented the stone really well. It’s such a great piece!