Coloring of the white contrast stitching

HAC

Feb 4, 2009
Has anyone here colored your white contrast stitching. My Hermes HAC has white stitches and I was thinking if the stitching becomes dirty, I will have them dyed in the same color as my bag. Your thoughts?

The white stitching is protected by a wax and doesn't become dirty that easily. When you send your bag for maintenance, Hermes will clean it if it does.

Last edited:
I have wondered about this too.Every time I mention it in the boutique the staff always say "oh no leave it alone". I wonder if it can be done with good results?

^ I agree with the others - don't mess with perfection:P:tup:!!! As others have stated, the thread is coated with wax to repell dirt and stains. If you do have a major problem - personally, I would rather have the parts re-stitched than have them dyed...

I have no problems with my white stitched bags -- gold birkin and bj kelly. In fact I have a SO for a black birkin with white stitching. Love it -- like the others say, it sets off the bag's lines.

I have no problems with my white stitched bags -- gold birkin and bj kelly. In fact I have a SO for a black birkin with white stitching. Love it -- like the others say, it sets off the bag's lines.

Mrs. PP and I can't wait to see this SO...sounds like a real knockout! Please do a reveal when you get it!:tup:

Saw a black birkin SO with contrast white stitching and GHW in Tokyo last fall and it was KILLER! :drool:

ITA with what everyone says, don't mess with the contrast stitching! :yes:

Thank you for all your advise. The white stitches in the my HAC handles are dirty. It is just so irritating.

Oh I see, I would be irritated too. Do you have a craftsman in a store near you? Take the bag in for a spa, or take it to an SA and ask for advice. Do not do anything to the bag yourself, you may damage it accidentally and devalue it in case you want to sell it later.

Another way, if you do not want to see the dirty handles, you can wrap it up with twillies. It doesn't clean the dirt but hey, you don't have to obsess about something that you don't see. Good luck.