Colored Mulberry "skins" bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello,

I just bought another Mabel...the snakeskin Mabel. I've seen the snakeskins in pink and blue and other colors and this snakeskin has a tan look to it. It doesn't look as natural as my Agyness snakeskin. Are they dyed? I noticed that Michael Kors has some orange and teal ones this season. Obviously they've had some color added in some way.

2. Yes, I would say they are dyed in a special way...couldn't say what method they use though. I'm sure they have specific, different methods of dying all the various types of leather.

At college I used to dye all sorts of fabrics and papers etc in my art and textiles classes and we had ridiculous amounts of different dyes, salts, water baths, temperature guides etc - I can imagine it would be a painfully laborious process to dye snakeskin...hense the prices, lol!

3. I guess so...I'm just not sure about the oranges, pinks and teals. Mine could really pass for a natural color but it seems to have a bit more tan throughout than my Agyness which seems to have more variation in the skin.