colored MBMJ hilliers peeling?? say it aint so!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
hey girls,
so i have a question for you all. has anyone else had problems with their bags peeling?? i know the blue seems to have issues, but i got paranoid the other day and inspected my violet and there's two tiny areas near the side edges that have color gone....i fear it's peeling!! :crybaby: i put her in her dustbag and was wondering if anyone else with the violet color has had any problems...im kinda scared to use it just in case it gets worse....eek! what do i do?? help!! :hysteric:

I don't have the violet colour, but I have a MBMJ Fariah in Denim and after I used it two-three times I noticed the colour was "peeling" off in some areas. I was ver suprised that the colour came off after little use.

I thought the peeling was only an issue with the vinyl and the jelly bags:confused1:.
I've never had any issues with color peeling off MBMJ. Have you guys been conditioning?

Oh no Jun, you are scaring me.
I haven't noticed anything on my violet Hillier yet but then again I haven't used it that long yet. I'm gonna keep a close eye on it now..

I'm so sorry to hear yours is peeling

hey girls, thanks for chiming in so far...i only noticed it the other day. i've been using it a bit...and now im trying to figure out if perhaps i bumped into something (most unlikely i think since it's worn in the same spot on both sides) or if it is peeling...

i'll take pics tomorrow. i was at work all day today.

spacey~ it's not a peeling like th vinyl bags really, but more like the acrylic color on the leather ( since it seems to have a coat on it rather than be just dyed leather like maybe the saddle and black....) im really bummed if it is peeling. im going to email diego as well and ask him if they've had any issues about it...

so sorry to hear that...i have the blue and been using it for about a month or so (tossing it around left/right) but not peeling...(hopefully i dont need to add "yet" to that sentence...)

This peeling happened on the inside pocket of my chanel flap... The pocket wasn't unzipped for ages and I guess the leather stuck together. So when I separated it, chunks of color were missing! Looked like the blue hillier in the link above...

if it's near the creases/folds it might be from the friction of the leather on leather...or maybe they stuck together and heat caused it to stick then peel?

^ iz, it's on areas on mine that aren't touching.

i took a pic with a penny for size, it's not as bad as the blue one posted yet, but i've only had the bag for a few weeks...im so bummed out, i really loved this bag, but if it's only going to get worse, I'm thinking I should have gotten a different color....damn! this is like the most perfect color purple...:Push:

here's pics:
aaaa001.jpg

aaaa002.jpg

aaaa003.jpg