Colored E-rings!

shallow-ish

Apr 28, 2008
Hey girls, I'm not sure if this forum already exists (no search function, eek!). I'd love to see your ENGAGEMENT rings that are either not diamonds, or are colored diamonds! I'll start with mine (not great photos at all, sorry!) - a tanzanite Legacy that I'm in love with:DSC00281 (2).JPGDSC00282 (2).JPG

Hey girls, I'm not sure if this forum already exists (no search function, eek!). I'd love to see your ENGAGEMENT rings that are either not diamonds, or are colored diamonds! I'll start with mine (not great photos at all, sorry!) - a tanzanite Legacy that I'm in love with:View attachment 437150View attachment 437151
Gosh! That's pretty! There is a nice thread about e-rings, but I don't know how to tell you to find it.

^^^ Love your ring!
Who knows how long the search will be down, so I'll help you start a new thread:

Here's my sapphire e-ring (I originally posted it in the jewelry ref. thread under e-rings):

000orangeroseshot.jpg

In some cultures, a stone other than a diamond is customary. I have a friend whose ring is a beautiful emerald (no pix, sorry). Sapphires are also lovely. You know it's all about what you want, after all, you will be wearing it forever!

For all you gals out there with colored engagement rings, I just want to know how you feel about wearing them on a daily basis. I am asking because colored gems are not quite as hard as diamonds, and I would swallow my dentures if my center stone cracked or chipped. They are lovely, by the way!

For all you gals out there with colored engagement rings, I just want to know how you feel about wearing them on a daily basis. I am asking because colored gems are not quite as hard as diamonds, and I would swallow my dentures if my center stone cracked or chipped. They are lovely, by the way!

i personally dont really worry about it...i take it off if im doing house work or garden work. but otherwise i dont really worry about it.

we also have it insured in case anything happens to it.

I LOVE your sapphires ladies! :smile: I'm happy to see other colored e-rings. I hope we get more people posting pictures here.

Compass Rose - I fell in love with my ring when I first saw it, but started to get cold feet before the purchase was finalized for the very reason you mention. Tanzanite is a fairly 'soft' stone and I would be very disappointed (to say the least) if I bashed it against something and it cracked. In the end I decided I'd just have to be more careful, and not wear it for activities like house cleaning, etc. But as for other colored stone e-rings like the lovely sapphires posted here - they are 9/10 on the Mohr scale, whereas diamonds are 10/10, so virtually the same and can take lots of banging up.