Colorcoded leather cadena for birkin?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I dont know where else to post this but i need an answer... :s

I am very confused by what I saw earlier today...

Spotted a 35cm birkin in VERT ANIS leather with a colorcoded cadena (lock with vert anis leather wrapped around)

It was a very young gal carrying this bag - deep inside, I was questioning the authenticity of this bag, just because of the lock.... (i was a distance away so I cant see details clearly) - i can only say the birkin was rather floopy)

I have read before that it is possible to request for color coded cadenas - but what are the actual odds that one will get a regular leather birkin with matching wrapped lock (aside from the lighter leathers which i know come with matching leather locks)?

Would love to hear what you gals think abt this - TIA! :biggrin:

2. I've only ever seen the covered locks on exotics....:shrugs:

3. Me too, and only on white or very pale colours.

Vert anis .... very unlikely.

But if the lady is a VVIP, and had asked Paris to make it for her, it's possible Paris could have made it.

Or maybe the bag is not Hermes but Kwanpen? :idea:

4. I've seen white non-exotic bags with leather covered cadenas.

5. thanks for all the replies. :biggrin:

mrs s, you mirror my thoughts exactly.... (i was hoping you wld reply cos you are the expert where we reside so you are better informed as compared to me ;))

i must say that the colorcoded cadena does make the entire birkin look good (she hung the cadena on her turnlock) - it looked much more unique & special compared to the regular metal cadena....

now if only i was a VVIP.... hahahahaha :shame:

6. i just got my first birkin today in the rose dragee color in 30 cm. I was wondering about the matching color locks too but was too excited to see one available on the spot and forgot to ask the SA about it!

So from what i gather reading the posts here, is that a new thing that they are doing for white and light colored bags -to get matching colored locks? I hope somebody can help me out with this info.

I am such a newbie and need all your feedback :smile: another newbie question: hehe :smile: do people actually use the locks on their birkins when they use it daily on the actual loopholes? i'm just wondering since it seems to be a big hassle to keep unlocking the lock when you need to get something from your purse...........

7. ^^^ Most just hang it from the handles on the leather loop

8. thanks mooks for the reply :smile: I have an obsession with the locks right now and bought me a couple and finding places where to put it , hehehe

anybody have pics of locks in the leather loops? am just curious to see what it looks like :smile:

9. hunnyhearty, congrats on your rose dragee birkin! :biggrin:

Does rose dragee comes with colorcoded leather cadena - hve not noticed it on this color... so far i only noticed it on exotic leathers, white leather & parchemin...

& as for how you can hang your cadena - here is a pic i have (i think it was provided by tokyogirl earlier) - in one of the shots, it shows the lock hung from the clodette. HTH! :biggrin:

Attached Files:

10. Man, I love that birkin!!!!^^

11. ^^^^ RBB, ITA!
    (what are the specs I wonder? sorry off topic)

12. I have always wanted a leather covered lock birkin... it would be great if they made leather covered birkins for reg calf bags

13. :yes:

14. I am there with you sista!:yahoo: It's soooooo pretty!