Colorblock mini MACs and monogrammed mini MACs

KaseyHK

~ content ~
Dec 1, 2012
not sure if you have noticed these bags. i keep seeing these bags on Nord and Bloom.... personally i don't like how RM has done on the colorblocks. i think she used the wrong color combos most of the time (the recent Hudson moto is a rare exception - it looks quite beautiful outside :tup:... but unfortunately it comes with the ugliest lining :tdown: it's very hard to match this kind of blue with the bags). as for her new monogrammed mini MACs .... the font type, color of the letter and shadow effect look a lil bit too-casual and annoying to me. it's like someone done it unprofessionally. interestingly, these monograms look fine on the small pouches... perhaps the letter doesn't go well with the flap and clasp. i do prefer a thinner font in golden or silver color matching the color of the hardware (like what she's using on the cheeky pouches) and i hope RM is not phasing out her cheeky pouches! the monograms may be more popular but the cheeky texts give the pouches interesting characters.

Attachments

• RM_colorblock.jpg
    RM_colorblock.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 252
  • RM_mono.jpg
    RM_mono.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 252
  • RM_hudson.jpg
    RM_hudson.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
not sure if you have noticed these bags. i keep seeing these bags on Nord and Bloom.... personally i don't like how RM has done on the colorblocks. i think she used the wrong color combos most of the time (the recent Hudson moto is a rare exception - it looks quite beautiful outside :tup:... but unfortunately it comes with the ugliest lining :tdown: it's very hard to match this kind of blue with the bags). as for her new monogrammed mini MACs .... the font type, color of the letter and shadow effect look a lil bit too-casual and annoying to me. it's like someone done it unprofessionally. interestingly, these monograms look fine on the small pouches... perhaps the letter doesn't go well with the flap and clasp. i do prefer a thinner font in golden or silver color matching the color of the hardware (like what she's using on the cheeky pouches) and i hope RM is not phasing out her cheeky pouches! the monograms may be more popular but the cheeky texts give the pouches interesting characters.
Couldn't say it better!

I agree, too. Those monograms just look horrible - like an iron-on decal I would have put on a t-shirt back in the 80s (not that I'm old enough to really remember that...okay...maybe I am :P )

i don't understand why some people print their name initials on the bags, esp LV... to me, the letters ruin the design of the bags and i'm sure designers hate this idea.

are monogrammed bags popular out there?

I didn't mind the color blocking with the black and grey and the black and white, but the brown and pink and brown and blue I didn't understand. A chocolate brown with these colors would have looked so much better! I haven't seen the lining on these but now I am curious.....

As for the monogramed ones, not a fan.