Color transfer on coated tweed.

Dec 29, 2012
I did a search and found mostly about how to treat transfer on leather. I wore my white coated tweed woc to a wedding and got some pink from my dress onto it and am trying to get it out. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411320938.600774.jpg

It's very faint in pics but it's more apparent in person. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411320991.543492.jpg

I tried hot water and toothbrush/washcloth, mild soap, magic eraser (mr clean brand) and have not had much luck. Anyhow, I wasn't sure what else to try before going into chanel and seeing if they had an option at spa? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks!!!

I am very sorry about your WOC. :sad: I think you should stop trying to cleaning it yourself and take it to Chanel ASAP. Your attempts to clean it yourself can make the work more difficult for the professionals IMO.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
So... just an update, I took this bag to Chanel to see if they could do anything and they couldn’t.

I then let this sit in my closet for years. I took it to Vegas for a weekend and ended up getting make up on it as well, so pink and beige stains. Let it sit for 3 more years.

Finally I decided I had enough and took matters into my own hands.

I took my magic eraser, warm water, dish soap, started scrubbing away. Kept scrubbing and it look like it was getting better. I continued, I even dabbed a little spray and wash on the corner of the magic eraser and kept at it for an hour scrubbing here and there. I kept dabbing any excess moisture w a paper towel to blot dry. Finally I used a clean magic eraser and just used water and used it like a sponge to soak up any left over soap left in the tweed. It’s not 100% but it’s a lot better! I even plan to swear it this Saturday to Diner En a blanc in my city.

Reactions: Sylly
I’m half tempted to even keep at it some more just to try to get the edges on the front flap, but I’m going to give it a rest today and maybe try again in a day or so. I was so close to giving up on this bag. I’m glad I didn’t. This was my only Chanel purchase in Paris so it means a lot to me even stained. I was thinking if my efforts didn’t work I was ready to start looking at fabric paints and seeing how creative I could get if I can’t restore it.

Welcome back! I feel like I haven't seen you post in a while! I went away a couple years and came back at the beginning of the year. It looks soooo much better.!!!!! Good job!

Hi there great job by the way!!!
If you are ready for more drastic measures like fabric paint, I have a suggestion:

Recently I went to a Zara store and saw this white cape jacket that I really like and they only got 1 left in my size. The store manager was super nice and he grabbed this shout wipe (picture attached) and I tell you all the black scuff marks, make up again etc magically came off with a light swipe! No residue either! I was very impressed. He was so nice he gave me a few extras!

Might consider giving it a try?
FAE91AC6-1794-4E40-9E3D-E97FDEFC709B.jpeg

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Hi there great job by the way!!!
If you are ready for more drastic measures like fabric paint, I have a suggestion:

Recently I went to a Zara store and saw this white cape jacket that I really like and they only got 1 left in my size. The store manager was super nice and he grabbed this shout wipe (picture attached) and I tell you all the black scuff marks, make up again etc magically came off with a light swipe! No residue either! I was very impressed. He was so nice he gave me a few extras!

Might consider giving it a try?
View attachment 4211918

Oh that’s a great suggestion!! I may give that a try!! Thanks so much!