Color transfer - how to prevent?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just wore my Chanel 20c grey flap a few times...but I feel it got some color transfer on it(hard to see - it’s on the top side of the pocket), I wore it with some of my dark suits but they don’t transfer color and I’ve washed them (obviously not washed enough!). Any clue how to remove?

Attached Files:

2. How to prevent: Some people have had good luck using a protective leather spray. (People on this forum and some bloggers).

How to clean: Leather cleaner such as saphir renovateur and saphir cleaning soap, which are both used by Hermes to clean handbags sent in to the spa.

I can’t really see any colour transfer on your bag though. Must be very mild !

Stratford and vivaciousbev1 like this.
  3. Thank you! I used Cadillac cleaner but no luck. It is very mild as I used it twice (it’s on top left corner pocket.). I’m looking more for prevention tips so it doesn’t get worse (not a believer in not using my bags) haha!

4. Just found the blogger who suggested protection tips!

I had forgotten her name...
    https://www.chaseamie.com/bags-and-purses/how-to-take-care-of-your-luxury-goods/

vivaciousbev1 likes this.
  5. Spray it with collonil carbon pro (on amazon). It will prevent further color transfer. For what it's worth, I don't see a thing!

6. Definitely don’t see a thing!

7. Is it safe to spray on the bag directly?