Color transfer help please!

wackydream

Sep 18, 2010
My sister bought a beautiful red small Harley, wore it with jeans, and...now has a red with denim color transfer bag. What is the best way to clean it? She tried to soap and water it and alcohol wipe, no luck, and obviously doesn't want to do anything harsh as to not to strip the color. Thank you!

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
There's not a lot you can do, as far as I know, because the denim dye has, effectively, dyed the leather.

So, you won't be able to remove, or cover it, without removing/covering the original dye, too.

I had the same thing with a BV which got colour transfer from my (black) clothes.

Fortunately, the bag was red and black and the colour transfer was also black, so it didn't look too bad.

In a way, I quite liked it, as it sort of smudged and blended the two colours.

I feel like they could do the effect deliberately, like a kind of ombre...

Plus it was only on one side of the bag, so I carried on wearing it that way around.

Does your sister's bag look really bad, or is it bearable do you think?

In my mind, denim blue and red doesn't look that bad, so I would probably live with it, personally and keep wearing it with (washed) jeans (to explain how it ended up like that, but washed, to try not to make it worse).

Reactions: 24shaz
As chloehandbags has said, it’s unlikely the denim dye will come out.

The handbag clinic - & I’m sure some other places - offer a service where they will dye a bag a different colour, this can cover staining if you find it unbearable.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
thank you both!
it's not awful, but its noticeable and bothers her. I dont think she wants to dye the bag though, that is a drastic solution to a relatively small problem. ugh. I will pass on the wisdom here.

Reactions: 24shaz