color question

jackiec

May 14, 2009
I'm thinking of buying either a mini Nikki or MAM. I tend to be hard on bags, so I want something that won't show too much wear, but I want something more interesting than black ..... also I want the leather to be smooth and smooshy. Suggestions? (oh, also I was hoping to buy at a discount!! I did see a seafoam mini nikki but not sure if I love the color ...)

thanks!

Hmmm... I own a Seafoam Mini Nikki and although I do not consider the color delicate, it is definitely on the lighter side (since you tend to be rough on bags). I would think you'd want to go with something darker.

Also, may I suggest something patent leather? Black patent, charcoal patent, red patent. Also maybe one of the dark blues? There is a distressed brown MAM on eBay that looks like it will wear nicely as well.

How about a Navy Luxe or Lapis (depending on what hardware you like better).. This color can be worn all year round and with many different colors yet it is more fun that back.

I think you'd be able to find a great deal on either of these colors in any style. :tup:

I vote for Wine. It's a pop of colour - and yet, it's still neutral (It matches absolutely everything). It's good for all seasons. It's durable (I wear mine in the rain - and it's always been fine), and yet it gets slouchier with each passing day.

I think wine, burgundy or lapis (or any of the dark blues) would be a good non-black neutral! I love the leather on these three particularly (I don't own anything in wine but I've played with it in stores).