color question - yellows

Apr 4, 2010
I'm not sure where to post this (mods, please move, as appropriate) but does anyone have a comparison picture or a good description of the differences between soleil, jaune, curry, sable and maybe other yellows that are close. I've gone wandering around the forum and found the yellow pics thread, but for the most part, it didn't help much in assessing the differences between the various yellows. I'm particularly interested in clemence, to the extent that helps. TIA :smile:

Yellows have been very difficult to come by, and from what I understand, not been offered since last year and very much not offered this year. I know they have gone back to mustard yellow, and certainly no yellow on offer this summer and none on offer this winter. I can't even remember if I saw yellow in the leather book anymore even...

As EdinaChu is saying, you may have a hard time finding a yellow, but if you decide on one, maybe you could do a special order. I haven't seen all in person, and don't own any yellow bags, but I'll do my best to describe them.

The soleil is a very sunny, happy yellow. Soleil means "sun".
Curry I believe has more muddy undertone with more brown.
Sable I don't really consider a yellow, I consider it more of a neutral in the tan family.
Jaune I'm not familiar with.

Hope it helps!

I have a bag in Togo in Soleil and a Karo in Curry in chevre. I know these are not the leathers you are looking for but I'm happy to photograph them to show you if you think it will help?

hi shoemania, i dont think i am much help here but here is the picture that i saved from another pf-er for jaune vs soleil, jaune is brighter, somehow its more unwearable for me, soleil is the perfect yellow, sunny and just nice in between bright and nice =)

and for curry...its nice but somehow its much paler than the jaune and soleil. if i have to choose, i will choose soleil 1st then curry then jaune =)

Attachments

• JAUNE vs SOLEIL.jpg
    JAUNE vs SOLEIL.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 150
As EdinaChu is saying, you may have a hard time finding a yellow, but if you decide on one, maybe you could do a special order. I haven't seen all in person, and don't own any yellow bags, but I'll do my best to describe them.

The soleil is a very sunny, happy yellow. Soleil means "sun".
Curry I believe has more muddy undertone with more brown.
Sable I don't really consider a yellow, I consider it more of a neutral in the tan family.
Jaune I'm not familiar with.

Hope it helps!

Yellow is very hard to come by, I am looking for a SLG in yellow for my rainbow, and like the other tPFers, I prefer soleil. I like shoemania's description, it is a very happy, sunny colour. I don't really like Curry which seems to be the most available of the yellows in the boutiques I go to.

I agree it is a very sunny, happy yellow. I get more compliments about my Soleil bag than any of my others. It also goes with a lot more things than I had imagined. Happy hunting and l hope you find the yellow that you love

i just got a soleil jypsiere 2 wks ago, maybe they are doing soleil in other styles except birkins?? ive been looking for a birkin in soleil. i saw one recently soleil jpg birkin