Color question, vache naturelle

Rose100

Carpe handbag!
O.G.
Jan 8, 2008
USA
Could someone please be so kind and tell me if this is the correct color for a VN Birkin?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

Rose100

Carpe handbag!
O.G.
Jan 8, 2008
USA
Thank you for the replies.
Followup question: is this best carried with beige/brown casual clothing? I don't see it being carried with navy, gray and black, conservative, and that is what I wear a lot.

I love the bag, but I am hesitating pulling the trigger because I don't want it to sit in my closet unused.

piaffe

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
I dress conservatively; IMO, VN is a great light neutral that's very versatile:

The only *real* issue with VN is that it's truly not a leather for the "faint-hearted"...

ETA: shown here with dark greyish tweed dress, black dress and pale grey pants.

Attachments

Last edited:

piaffe

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Also:

VN develops a patina as and when it ages, but my experience is that different bags patina VERY different.

Here is a HAC 32 VN from 1984 that is *unused*, and here is a *very* used 1998 VN 35 (modeled with clothing above):

Attachments

Last edited:

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
Great pix and insight, Piaffe! I dont have VN but I wear my barenia with all colours.

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
Jan 3, 2008
USA
I wear my VN with all colors. However, my entire wardrobe is black, navy and grey! OK, OK, so once in a great while there is a pop of color, but honestly I am a somber color person and I think the VN is a fantastic neutral that, as Piaffe said, lightens everything up.

One thing I will add is that I find it too light for the winter months, but I would consider it a three season bag.

Rose100

Carpe handbag!
O.G.
Jan 8, 2008
USA
Thank you so very much! The pictures and recommendations are very helpful-- although really bad for my bank account, LOL!