color of MJ Blake

1. Ladies, I have decided to buy MJ Blake next week. Yay! =)
    Which color do you like? I am looking for a more neutral color that will go with my work wardrobe. I'm leaning toward Nutmeg (light Brown) and Black (but I don't like white threading on black leather).

Saw Black/Nutmeg/Putty/Butter/Blue/Orange/.. Blake in person before, but I thought it was a bit big for me at that time. Tried it on again recently and thought it's a good size. Now that I have decided to get it, both of my local Nordstroms have sold out (not expecting new shipment). =( My SA's transferring Nutmeg and White for me next week.

2. I want a Blake as well. I would love to have black but I hate the contrasting stitching. I like the nutmeg. Post pics when you get it :biggrin:

3. Pursegalsf, we think alike. =) I don't like the contrast stitching on the Black Blake as well. Most likely, I'll get Nutmeg when the transferred items come in. Nutmeg is not exactly my must-have color, it's a bit too Brown for me. I want a neutral color though, so I am going for it still. Any color suggestion?

My SA said White is very nice, I am not sure if it's the same as the off-white one I saw at NM (could be Venetia, can't remember). Not getting White b/c I am getting White Muse.

4. I absolutely love my Black MJ Blake. It is my everyday bag for work, and its perfect size. I honestly have not seen Blake in a color that I don't like. The leather is fantastic and the bag is so versatile. I know you will love it no matter what color you decide to get!

5. I think the tan Blake is the better pick, especially if you don't like the contrast stitching. I did see someone with an orange blake yesterday, and thought it looked really great. Let us know what you decide to do!

6. Jag & SuLi: Thank you. =)
    Most of the stores here don't get shipments of Blake anymore so I don't have a lot of choices left. Unless I come across another color when I pick up the tan (Nutmeg) this week, tan will be it.

7. I have the Blake in teal from a couple seasons back. I know you will love it. I also vote for the tan.

8. I have a black Blake and this blue one which is called denim. It's a nice neutral IMO.
    [​IMG]

9. I have not checked but you might want to try marc jacobs' website, eluxury, and Net-A-Porter.com" target="_blank" class="TPFinsert">Net-A-Porter.com - you never know you just might get lucky!

10. annsfabulousfinds: Thanks. Most likely I'm getting Tan (though it's a bit too Brown for me).

Kat: Thanks for posting the picture. =) Your Denim is nice, love the silver hardware (like it more than Gold on Blake). You carry Blake beautifully, it looks big on me (5 ft).

Jag: I checked many online stores for color reference.
    bluebeeonline.com has colors like Black, Linen, Nutmeg, Denim (Spring 06), White. I wish Nutmeg Blake looks like the one depicted on their site, it's darker in real life.

I will get mine from my local Bloomingdale's (Friends and Family Event, 20% off) or Nordstrom (price match). I just realized that I'm going on a MJ spurge. I already have MJ Elise in Black Patent, the Cream Bowler (not Patent) caught my attention again (good size for me)! I am thinking of getting it together with Blake, but I'm very concerned about color transfer from clothing. If I didn't fall in love with Black Patent Elise, I would definitely get Cream Patent Bowler.

Powdered Cladestine (tried it on over the weekend, it's nice) and White Muse are also on my list. I really need help as there are too many bags and I am trying to spread out my purchases. Any suggestions? =)

11. I think the Blake is a great bag. I had one from Elux, and ended up returning it because I had credit at the MJ store...and decided I'll get it there. I'm like you...don't know which color - but I'll probably go for the metalic silver again (it's a nice pewter) unless they come out with a black one with black stitching.

I haven't seen the clandestine IRL yet, but I'm sure I will. I heard it's nice. The Muse is nice, but you may tire of it quickly.

12. Black on Black for Blake sounds nice, I am told by SAs that Blake is not being continued. Most of the stores don't have any colors left so they are harder to find.

Thank you everyone for replying. -) I decided to get my bags from Nordstrom (price match to Bloomingdale's F&F event), I always like their service (along with Costco) and prefer to buy from them. I am getting both Nutmeg Blake (has to be transferred from another location) and Chalk Bowler from San Diego store. Will get discount on the Medium Muse as well when it arrives. =) Yay!!!

I only like Cladestine in Pink, however, it's only available from NAP. I hestitate to order from oversea b/c of the trouble of having to send it back in case there's any issue with it. Nordstrom has Black, Luggage, and Cream though.

13. I got a Blake in [SIZE=-1]Pomogranade (close to Ferrari red, but not quite - SA at Bloomingdales claimed that that color was a limited edition) in 2004. I chose that color because I did not like the contrast stitching.

Whichever color you choose, I am sure you will love the bag for its practicality and roominess. I have carried mine a lot, but there are hardly any signs of wear. I can easily fit a letter-sized file or notepad in the middle compartment for meetings. I have not tried it yet, but I could probably put my little laptop in there as well.:lol:

Please post pics once you get the beautiful bag!
    [/SIZE]

14. I am absolutely in love right now with MJ's putty color. If you haven't bought it yet, I would recommend looking again at the putty, it's such a veratile color and it would look fab on a blake, esp. if the nutmeg is a little too brown for you. I have the petunia color from last season or so, here's a pic.

Photo 33.jpg
  15. Gloriajk & Sugarfish, thank you for replying. =)
    I haven't actually bought (paid for) the Nutmeg Blake yet, my local Nordstroms are sold out of all colors. My SA is trying to transfer available ones in so that I can decide: White and Nutmeg. I will ask whether she can find a Putty Blake as well. Sugarstarfish, your Petunia Blake is beautiful It's perfect on you. =)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice