Color Help for Replacement Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

What color would you choose?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2016.
  1. Argilla

33.3%
  2. Darker Gray

66.7%
  3. Caramel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (please write it in the thread!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. After the leather on my Prada BN1874 bag cracked after less than a year (and after a failed repair and a lot of frustration and communication with Prada), they have agreed to replace my bag with a new one, which I am very thankful for. Unfortunately, the BN1874 style that I currently have is not available in the Sabbia color I originally purchased it in. Because I do not want to spend more money and purchase a different Prada bag as I do not trust the quality, I need to pick another color in this style (I haven't seen a neutral leather style style that's less than $2,100, which is the cost of my BN1874) and that's where I'm having trouble.

I am hoping to pick up a black Chanel Jumbo with silver hardware when I go to Paris later this year so I would like to avoid black as a color for the replacement Prada. With the exception of a monogram Louis Vuitton Speed 30, a damier ebene Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM, and a rose beige Gucci Disco, all of my bags are black so I am in need of a lighter, neutral color bag. I think I would prefer something in the beige, taupe, or gray family. From working over the phone with the person at Prada, it seems that based on my preferences, my color options are limited to cameo (which is too pink for my taste), caramel (I'm nervous that this may be too golden/orangey against my cooler toned, pale skin), argilla, and a darker gray color (I can't recall the name, but it had silver hardware). My wardrobe is very neutral (lots of black with some gray, beige, and white pieces). Is there a color that you'd recommend that would be most versatile? This may sound silly, but I always liked how Sabbia coordinated well with my nude flats (my shoes are all black or nude in color).

One of the things that bothered me about my Sabbia tote, in addition to the cracked leather, was that after only carrying it a couple of times, the color started to rub, leaving a darker taupe color underneath in different places on the bag (like where the handles would rub). Has anyone had this problem with the caramel, argilla, or darker gray color saffiano leather Prada bags?

I did find some threads with a few photos, but pictures (especially of the darker gray saffiano leather that comes with silver hardware) would also be helpful as I will be having to have the new bag sent to me as the store is over two hours away and not easy to get to. Thank you in advance!

2. Why not try new POMICE color in VitDaino leather instead of Saffiano. It's a very neutral beige tone grey. I saw someone got a new one from her hubby!! Very beautiful and more durable than saffiano.