Color coordinating and SLGs

Aug 13, 2014
Planning and coordinating my handbag accessories (small leather goods) has become something I think
about more these days. (Not that it matters, since my handbag sits on the dresser and doesn't go out much).
So the question, for handbag lovers is.... do you coordinate the color of your handbag accessories (wallet,
cosmetic case, credit card case, etc) with each other? with the color of the handbag lining? with the color of
the outside of the handbag? with the color of the handbag trim? or do you pick one basic color and use it all
the time? or none of the above?
Is it important to your enjoyment of the handbag?

My preferences have changed oved time. Now I like the SLGs to match/coordinate with each other
and to coordinate with either the handbag exterior color or trim color. Usually I try to avoid accessories
that match the lining color, but when I moved into a hot pink bag today my things were already in
red accessories.... a perfect match to the lining of the hot pink zip zip. So.... even tho it's harder to see
the accessories when they match the lining, I've decided to keep my things in the red accessories.
Everything seems nicely coordinated, at least inside my handbag. the rest of life.... well not so orderly. :smile:

I'd love to have everyone thoughts on the subject.

Reactions: Lunalark and 880
No. I don’t match SLGs with my bag. Sometimes I even have multiple brands inside my bag :amazed:. Right now, I have a LV wallet and several Lug clear view envelopes. I also hang the LV key pouch on my bag for easy access of my ATM and membership cards. Very important because I don’t need to get my hand inside the bag and contaminate everything. But I do understand your need to coordinate everything now, it does help to bring a sense of control during this very difficult time. That is exactly why I’m using my Dooneys more than my LVs during the pandemic. The inside if my bag is very organized in my Dooneys. I have several purse organizers for my bags, but I don’t like them since they make my bags bulkier.

I never thought it was necessary to collect and coordinate SLGs.
Then I started doing it !!!!!! Blame it on The Purse Forum and You Tube....
and my love of leather goods. :smile: Online shopping makes it too easy.

I can explain it and 'justify' collecting SLGs, even defend the cost
as less than a new handbag and a way to try a brand, leather, color.
All excuses. Just another way to 'collect'. :smile:
And now I need to 'coordinate' my SLGs with the Dooney Sea Foam zip zip
satchel I've decided to 'showcase' today. (Display on my dresser).
The color is very cheery. And maybe it will keep me from drooling over
something in mint on ILD before the sale ends.

I never used to coordinate and just used the same black wallet. Then oops! You tube, here, got me with the Florentine wristlet, cosmetic cases etc. I still tend to use a black or red wallet as it's a pain changing, but I do switch out the wristlets to match the outside or trim, that's my fun and "order". I use my nylon lug bag if I go out now so I can wipe it down without worry. I showcase too for now, as if im going out with the slg goods, just for me to enjoy

Reactions: defeated
I'm still stuck in my red SLGs. :smile: They match the lining of the bags and fit all my bags,
small and large. I think I'll change this week. I want to give my white SLGs some love
before Sept. And the white will match the watercolor floral print Dooney wristlet I just got.
(Love that print and it has so many colors).

I think from now on I'm going to coordinate/match the SLGs to each other,
and not focus on matching the bag or trim. It's getting to be too much work.
This way I can change all the SLGs every few weeks instead of several times a week
when I change my handbag.

Reactions: Lunalark
I like that plan! The floral watercolor print is so pretty! I need some floral summer, I'm queen of the autumn colors lol

So easy to stay stuck on my red cc wallet&wristlet! And i have all the colors and the tartans plaid ones. Red is #1 I wind up using as it matches the Brown Tmoro and red trim of every whipstitched, red lined bag I own, even my Tartan Victoria. I'm in my Florentine Black Mail bag still and when I open it and see the matching wallet&wristlet, even though they aren't my black ones, have to admit I get a little thrill with the set matching. More than if matching the outside I think. With the floral you can add a solid of any color and you're good to go! I love a solid and a pattern match. Pop of color inside just for our excitement :smile:

This is a great post!! I have more dooney purses than wallets it is because the dooney wallets/SLGs cost as much a dooney purse on sale. In SLGs I have two wallets one in caramel, one in black, and kiss clutch in red I use as a wallet. Based on the trim of the bag, I'm carrying I change out the wallet. For example, zip zip has a brown vachetta trim, I use the caramel wallet.

This is a great post!! I have more dooney purses than wallets it is because the dooney wallets/SLGs cost as much a dooney purse on sale. In SLGs I have two wallets one in caramel, one in black, and kiss clutch in red I use as a wallet. Based on the trim of the bag, I'm carrying I change out the wallet. For example, zip zip has a brown vachetta trim, I use the caramel wallet.
Sounds like your handbags and SLGs are well coordinated too. Stay strong.... don't fall off the cliff and
buy more SLGs in every color of the rainbow. Then you need to fill out your SLG collections by color....
it's like potato chips....very addictive.... not fattening.... but it does cost money and storage space....
and then time when you need to change handbags/SLGs.
Stay back, don't get caught! :smile:

I love my SLG collections.... but now I feel the need to use them and 'justify' (to myself) that
it made sense to buy them all.

I'm procrastinating changing out of the red SLGs.... they are working so well...
color-wise and function-wise, and they had been neglected for a long time as I
wanted to avoid matching red SLGs with a red lining on the handbag. Silly of me!

On ILD site, they had a wallet Wednesday sale, this small Pebble grain small wallet was $49 shipped. I got it in caramel since I have alot of dooneys with vachetta brown trim. I wasnt going to buy SLG's but these days my wallet keys mask and phone are the only things I carry anymore.
Small wallet

Rstar: that's a nice wallet. It's a perfect color to go with your handbags and the caramel color seems to go well with everything else too. And my SLGs always feel coordinated when they are caramel and match the trim
on so many Dooney handbags.

I don’t match things.
I pick a wallet in a color and a leather I love and that’s what I use till it cannot be used anymore lol dont normally use a change purse. And the ones I bought during the Dooney sale dont match any of my bags lol

Reactions: defeated