Color changes in new Pebble Grain collection??

BadWolf10

Apr 10, 2015
Good evening! It's been a looong time since I have been on. Hope you are all doing well.

When the new pebble grain collection came out, I received a beautiful red pebble large zip around. The new collection (with the leather front patch and Linen interior) seemed to vary a little in color in comparison with the traditional pebble grain. My new red wallet is a very nice bright almost poppy red. I love it.

Fast forward to now, I ordered a pebble grain sac in red from ILD. The color is just off. Darker than traditional pebble grain leather red. I'm going to return and reorder. Hoping it's just a bad dye lot. But I wondered if any of you have had a similar experience lately with colors.

Thanks!

Good evening! It's been a looong time since I have been on. Hope you are all doing well.

When the new pebble grain collection came out, I received a beautiful red pebble large zip around. The new collection (with the leather front patch and Linen interior) seemed to vary a little in color in comparison with the traditional pebble grain. My new red wallet is a very nice bright almost poppy red. I love it.

Fast forward to now, I ordered a pebble grain sac in red from ILD. The color is just off. Darker than traditional pebble grain leather red. I'm going to return and reorder. Hoping it's just a bad dye lot. But I wondered if any of you have had a similar experience lately with colors.

Thanks!
I've found that Dooney changes the color over time. Sometimes the same name is used and the color is slightly different in a later year or a different collection. Pebble leather
is a description of the look and texture of the leather. But Dooney has different collections that use pebble leather, and the thickness of the leather can differ and the color can differ.

Also, if the dying process uses natural dyes then the color can vary from batch to batch.
This is especially true in the Florentine collection.

I don't know if the process used for pebble leather collections uses natural dyes or not.
But I have many red Dooney handbags, bought over time, and the colors are often
different.... some true bright red, some warmer, some more muted All were named
Red.

Reactions: BadWolf10
I've found that Dooney changes the color over time. Sometimes the same name is used and the color is slightly different in a later year or a different collection. Pebble leather
is a description of the look and texture of the leather. But Dooney has different collections that use pebble leather, and the thickness of the leather can differ and the color can differ.

Also, if the dying process uses natural dyes then the color can vary from batch to batch.
This is especially true in the Florentine collection.

I don't know if the process used for pebble leather collections uses natural dyes or not.
But I have many red Dooney handbags, bought over time, and the colors are often
different.... some true bright red, some warmer, some more muted All were named
Red.
Hey LJ!! Thanks for the info.... I appreciate it... I love a good red. Hopefully this 2nd order will match my wallet. If not then I will just have to use the wallet with a coordinating color instead and keep the red bag anyway ;)

Last edited: