Color came off on my NEW Leboy!!

leboymm

Aug 2, 2014
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate your help on this topic :smile:

I'm from Canada and just purchased a 28cm Black/Silver Leboy (calfskin) from the state mid April before Chanel has a price raise. And I just noticed a week ago when the strap left several streak marks on my white top. When I got back home and rubbed it with paper towel the color came off pretty easily.

I brought the bag to Chanel in Toronto to let the opertional manager take a look and what I was told after careful inepction was that they could only offer me store credit/refund because they do not have the same style Canada-wide. I contacted the state and because I purchaed it before the price raise, they cannot let me exchange the bag for the new style (black/gold), I will have to pay the difference ($500) if I want or take the refund.

Now what upsets me is that I really love the black/silver combination and I do not want a refund, I simply want the same bag that meets the standard quality of what Chanel has to offer. Even if I accept the refund I will end up having to look around for the exact same bag and pay extra because Chanel's lack of effort on its quality control.

Do I really have no other choices? Please help and thank you all so much.:smile:

As missTeresaDee mentioned, they can send it for service, which should be free of charge for a recently purchased bag. Though, I would probably accept the refund and buy a new one later on.

They cannot send the bag in for repairs? They whole bag has to be damaged?
They said it's the first time to see this happen. So I guess they don't know if it's something fixable.

As missTeresaDee mentioned, they can send it for service, which should be free of charge for a recently purchased bag. Though, I would probably accept the refund and buy a new one later on.
So far as I know they don't have the same style in the store cause it's last season. However I do see other states carry it, but I guess it's because different stores?? I don't mind taking the refund but I find it unreasonable if I have to pay $500 more to get the exact same stuff due to the poor quality of the product.

If it's from another season it is most likely sold out and they are not going to even exchange it for one from the new season at the old price. Your choices are take the refund and when Chanel comes out with the combo you want get a new one or see about repair. As mentioned service would be free since it's under 1 year.

What color is it and did the color just come off the leather part of the strap or is more of the bag damaged?

they said it's the first time to see this happen. So i guess they don't know if it's something fixable.

So far as i know they don't have the same style in the store cause it's last season. However i do see other states carry it, but i guess it's because different stores?? I don't mind taking the refund but i find it unreasonable if i have to pay $500 more to get the exact same stuff due to the poor quality of the product.
Agree, it's not fun to pay additional cash, because the bag is defective. Did you call the store where it was originally purchased and see if they would exchange it for you? You may be able to talk with your SA there and see if she can be more helpful.

Where did u purchase it? Boutique or department store?
Boutique

If it's from another season it is most likely sold out and they are not going to even exchange it for one from the new season at the old price. Your choices are take the refund and when Chanel comes out with the combo you want get a new one or see about repair. As mentioned service would be free since it's under 1 year.

What color is it and did the color just come off the leather part of the strap or is more of the bag damaged?
Black, the most noticeable part is the strap and I was only wearing it for 1 hr. When I rubbed the bag itself the color also came off.

Agree, it's not fun to pay additional cash, because the bag is defective. Did you call the store where it was originally purchased and see if they would exchange it for you? You may be able to talk with your SA there and see if she can be more helpful.
I called and they said they dont have the same style and if I would like a refund. I expressed my concerns and they just said they will take a look when they receive the bag . I'm not optimistic at all :nogood: