Collonil WaterSPOT??

chocolate oak

Jun 24, 2009
Hi ladies.

Today I purchased an East west Bays from a mulberry retailer here in Sweden. The care card says "Treat the product with Collonil Waterspot spray". I was terrified and went to take a peak at the bags I purchased directly from the Mulberry website...and those care cards says "Waterstop". Is it really possible that well known retailers are selling fake bags?? I´m absolutely inconsolable right now:crybaby:

Hi ladies.

Today I purchased an East west Bays from a mulberry retailer here in Sweden. The care card says "Treat the product with Collonil Waterspot spray". I was terrified and went to take a peak at the bags I purchased directly from the Mulberry website...and those care cards says "Waterstop". Is it really possible that well known retailers are selling fake bags?? I´m absolutely inconsolable right now:crybaby:

No no no, it's fine honest, it's a common typo on real bags, please don't worry, my first Mulberry from the Mulberry shop had Waterspot on it! Cheer up! I will just go and check Maggie to be absolutely sure!

I will. I was really scared for a while, it sounded like the biggest "give away" ever. Now, after a well deserved "Wee dram" and your comfort I feel much better. Sadly though...now a days I dont feel that overwhelming joy I first did when I got my first and second Mulberry. I´m happy, but already thinking of other bags... like an unfaithful, unsatisfied old hag.:nogood:

Lol !! Bad case of Mulberryitis, it just means you are working on your perfect collection, you will do lots of swap arounds before you are satisfied! My collection has changed so much! I feel I am getting closer now to my ideal collection, must do a family picture before it changes again!

Lol."I feel I am getting closer now to my ideal collection, must do a family picture before it changes again!"

I can understand the term "getting closer"...but "Ideal collection"??? Is there such a thing? Almost all my bags have got the "postmans lock" and all of them are rather "stiff". I´m already tired of me having no variation in my "collection". I will put all my bags on the sofa posing for me, and try to figure out why Im not satisfied. Maybe I´ll have to swap them all and try out the Mulberry softies. I honestly dont know whats wrong with me - but I´ll let you know when I think my collection is complete and my search for other bags is over :lolots:

I like it if my bags are being used and if I can open my wardrobe and find a bag that works with my outfit, formal, casual or social. You are probably right my collection is a bit postmans lock heavy and has become more classically based, in chocs, blacks and a couple of oaks! The only way forward is to keep trying them on! I have become fascinated by the Audrina's with the 'bracelet' lock. Hmmmm :thinking: I think we are all crazy!!! :nuts::lol::lolots:

Oh, Im not sure I´ve seen your collection - I´ve seen so many beauties in here that I´ve lost track. Shame on me. I will go and have a look at the Mulberry family thread. What I meant was that my own humble collection is all about postmanslocks :biggrin: I´m drawn to them and seem to always end up buying a "classical" one. Yesterday I had to decide between a lovely Mitzy soft kinda beauty...I needed one in oak...but sadly i came out of the store with a regular postmanslock east west :biggrin: In the future I shall look "outside the box". When I learn how to post photos in here, Ill post a catwalk - and maybe you experienced Mulberry-women can help the newbie out:thinking:

(saw the little Audrina on ebay - lovely, lovely, lovely:heart:)

I'm late to this but I had exactly the same heart-in-mouth moment when I bought a bag from Fenwicks with 'waterspot' on the care card too! Since then I've bought another couple with the same typo from there, tbh I never REALLY thought they'd sell fakes but it doesn't stop you worrying at first.
Ikwym re never being satisfied or replicating the joy of your first Mulberry... When dh presented me with little Ledbury (my first) I was sooo happy, I even shed a tear or two. I couldn't sleep that night for looking at her on my bedside table where she 'lived' for months after at night so I could see her when I woke up... But when I bought my second, then third, etc etc it never felt the same. I was happy with my treat but that sheer joy wasn't there. I often wish I'd stuck with just Ledbury as every time I use another bag I feel I'm being unfaithful to my first love... And that I think is it; there's never a love like your first love. That's why it's never the same again!

You have a great point there Tb, I think your first bag is just so perfect it is hard to recapture that level of perfection again. Maggie and Ant spent the night on my dressing table where i could gaze at them!!! So maybe some of the joy returns eventually? We all get a bit of bag fatige from time to time!

About the Collonil - my head went spinning round, and I thought maybe someone purchased a genuine bag, and then "changed his/her mind", leaving a counterfeit back to the store. Had some real paranoia for a while :biggrin:

About the one and only overwhelming joy... I think that if you have a healthy mind you would call it "first love". If its unhealthy you could call it "addiction".

In my case I honestly dont know which one it is. I think I should be better of not buying anything new for a while. My bank account will certainly fall in love with me again if I took a break :angel:

(But still - I DO love my beauties. Not completely unmoved by all my similar looking postlocks just yet :biggrin:)