Collonil products for DD bag

purse_doc

Aug 6, 2011
Europe
Hi everyone,

I bought a preloved DD bag in taupe (the condition is excellent) and was wondering which Collonil products I should use to conditionprotect the leather. It rains a lot where I live and I want to give this bag a little TLC before I take her out for the first time (given the fact we’re on a lockdown I have plenty of time...).

I‘m specifically asking for Collonil recommendations bc that’s what I can easily get my hands on around here, we don’t have things like Appleguard etc.

I appreciate the input!

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Hi everyone,

I bought a preloved DD bag in taupe (the condition is excellent) and was wondering which Collonil products I should use to conditionprotect the leather. It rains a lot where I live and I want to give this bag a little TLC before I take her out for the first time (given the fact we’re on a lockdown I have plenty of time...).

I‘m specifically asking for Collonil recommendations bc that’s what I can easily get my hands on around here, we don’t have things like Appleguard etc.

I appreciate the input!
since this subforum isn't very active these days, did you do a search of the whole forum? there is advice there

Picard

O.G.
Sep 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

I appreciate the input!
Hello! I used Collonil and also Tarrago products in my bags. And I dyed myself a Tod's Dbag in dark gray (the bag was clear) with Collonil teint. All the products works amazing! For the rain, you have a water repellent spray.

purse_doc

Aug 6, 2011
Europe
Hello! I used Collonil and also Tarrago products in my bags. And I dyed myself a Tod's Dbag in dark gray (the bag was clear) with Collonil teint. All the products works amazing! For the rain, you have a water repellent spray.
What conditioner/cleaner do you use? I’m not looking to alter the colour of the bag. Do you use the water stop spray or the nano or carbon pro?
I did use the search btw and found nothing in regard to Tod‘s.

LaFrenchLady

Mar 3, 2015
France
lafrenchlady.com
Hello, this thread is interesting. I bought a preloved D bag (in klein blue) and white stains always appear when it rains on it. Did any of you get the problem before ? Thanks in advance !

Shopaholic878

Jan 1, 2021
What conditioner/cleaner do you use? I’m not looking to alter the colour of the bag. Do you use the water stop spray or the nano or carbon pro?
I did use the search btw and found nothing in regard to Tod‘s.
I have used the Collonil Carbon Pro Waterproofing Spray to protect my designer bags and wallet. Used them both on my Chloe (black) and Givenchy Antigona (pearl grey) and did not alter the colour of the bag or the leather smell. Water just beads off. However - before you spray your purse suggest you test on a hidden area. My Antigona comes with a leather sample and I used that.