Collinil Waterstop Mini Lady Dior

Aug 5, 2016
Hello!
I live in The Netherlands and it rains here often. For that reason, I haven't really gotten the chance to use this beautiful bag as I'm scared the lambskin will get ruined by the rain. I've had this bag for almost a year now and I've only worn it a handful of times.
Has anyone ever tried the Collinil waterstop spray to waterproof their lady Dior in lambskin? If so, do you notice any residue on the leather after the spray has dried? And how often do you have to spray the bag? Any advice would help, thank you!!

IMG_3897.JPG

Hello!
I live in The Netherlands and it rains here often. For that reason, I haven't really gotten the chance to use this beautiful bag as I'm scared the lambskin will get ruined by the rain. I've had this bag for almost a year now and I've only worn it a handful of times.
Has anyone ever tried the Collinil waterstop spray to waterproof their lady Dior in lambskin? If so, do you notice any residue on the leather after the spray has dried? And how often do you have to spray the bag? Any advice would help, thank you!!

View attachment 4782675
I haven't used that particular brand before, but it will leave a slightly slippery film on the leather (that's the point of it), and can leave grease stains on the hardware. If you spray the bag, either cover the hardware, or use an eyeglasses/sunglasses microfiber cloth to clean the hardware after spraying.

Best advice is actually to not spray the bag, in case it darkens the colour a bit.

I haven't used that particular brand before, but it will leave a slightly slippery film on the leather (that's the point of it), and can leave grease stains on the hardware. If you spray the bag, either cover the hardware, or use an eyeglasses/sunglasses microfiber cloth to clean the hardware after spraying.

Best advice is actually to not spray the bag, in case it darkens the colour a bit.
Thank you! I’m just a bit nervous to put a spray ALL OVER the bag compared to putting it on a little part of the bag

Reactions: averagejoe
I have used this spray on my other bags but not on my Dior (my Lady is a pearly finish so I cannot use any product on her; might ruin the finish) and it leaves a rubbery feeling after it dries out - that's why it prevents the moisture/water from penetrating into the leather. Your buttery leather doesn't feel as buttery as before after the spray but over time, the coating rubs off or wears off and the leather is returned to normal again. Also gives a shiny sheen.