Collinil Carbon Pro??

Marilla

O.G.
Jul 22, 2012
Has anyone used the Collonil Carbon Pro spray to waterproof and protect their Rockstud bags? I've bought this beauty, and the leather is so soft and delicious. The problem is she's going to absorb water marks, dirt and colour transfer like a sponge!
I've bought the spray but I'm terrified of using it in case it darkens the leather or makes patches. Also worried about how it affects the hardware, although I've been told it's fine to spray it.
I know the Mulberry ladies swear by it but has anyone used it on Valentino?

Attachments

• IMG_6047.JPG
    IMG_6047.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 929
I'm having the same problem right now and was told the spray won't affect the leather in any way. Still I'm scared to use it. Did you use it on your Valentino?

I use the Collonil waterspray on all my leather bags (gucci, valentino, burberry, LV, chloe, coach) and have had no issues so far. I normally do a spray in the air first, just to make sure it’s atomized well (no big drops), then spray the bag from about 30cm away and let it dry. After about 30 seconds, I buff the bag with a soft cloth.

I re-apply every 2 months or so, or if I use the bag more than twice a week in consecutive weeks.

As always though, do a patch test/spray at the bottom of the bag to make sure you’re happy with it.

895123F1-06BD-417D-85DB-1EE6D2490F07.jpeg

I use the Collonil waterspray on all my leather bags (gucci, valentino, burberry, LV, chloe, coach) and have had no issues so far. I normally do a spray in the air first, just to make sure it’s atomized well (no big drops), then spray the bag from about 30cm away and let it dry. After about 30 seconds, I buff the bag with a soft cloth.

I re-apply every 2 months or so, or if I use the bag more than twice a week in consecutive weeks.

As always though, do a patch test/spray at the bottom of the bag to make sure you’re happy with it.

View attachment 3896689
have you used it also on LV Vachetta bags? if so what is your experience? thank you :smile:

Collonil is the best protection you can apply to your bag. Absolutely no odor, no film, no residue. I have used it on the palest of lambskin and you will not detect it at all. This product is highly regarded here on TPF.

Reactions: Sylly
I always spray any light colored bags, light colored shoes, or suede shoes and boots. Collonil dries in minutes and is odorless when it dries. I don’t even have to do it outside - right over my white carpet works fine because if it gets on there, it’s just a little extra protection!! I can’t say enough good things about this product.

I recently received the carbon pro Collonil. It seems to work about the same.

I want to add that Louis Vuitton highly stresses that you should not add any protection to their vachetta leather. However, many people still prefer to treat it.

Reactions: Sylly
Hello, has anyone used carbon pro on their LV damier azur canvas bag? I have only used this product on leather and wonder if the spray would change the color of the canvas? Thank you!!