Collier de Chien hardware polished/replacement

May 3, 2012
Hi everyone I just have a quick question about CDC's I'm curious to know whether Hermes can actually polish a scuffed/scratched hardware or replaced if with a new hardware perhaps? If anyone has done it before can you pls tell me approximately how much it will cost and the repair duration for it? Thanks so much! :smile:

Hi everyone I just have a quick question about CDC's I'm curious to know whether Hermes can actually polish a scuffed/scratched hardware or replaced if with a new hardware perhaps? If anyone has done it before can you pls tell me approximately how much it will cost and the repair duration for it? Thanks so much! :smile:

Yes
Takes forever but I have had both done
I think it was about $350 to replace large front plate
It won't be as strong afterwards but I haven't had any problems

Yes

Takes forever but I have had both done

I think it was about $350 to replace large front plate

It won't be as strong afterwards but I haven't had any problems

Oh okay, so the $350 didn't cover the whole hardware replacement? I wonder how much it will cost the get the entire hardware replaced or even buffed to removed the wear and tear on the hardware. it would've been better to have an alternative to fix the scratches and polish the hardware instead of replacing it

Oh okay, so the $350 didn't cover the whole hardware replacement? I wonder how much it will cost the get the entire hardware replaced or even buffed to removed the wear and tear on the hardware. it would've been better to have an alternative to fix the scratches and polish the hardware instead of replacing it

Polishing is free but took 18 months as it was sent to Paris to be done

Polishing is free but took 18 months as it was sent to Paris to be done

oh wow that's way longer than I thought, in that case I think I'll just leave it as it is, it's not that bad anyway, it's something you can't help, it'll have wear and tear over time, pretty normal :smile:

Thank you so much for your input I appreciate it.