College graduation gift/CL signed shoes-HELP ME!!

rdgldy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 18, 2006
Ladies,
I need your advice. I am meeting my daughter at the signing in VA to get her a pair of CLs as her graduation gift. We are thinking this pair should be somewhat practical, so she can use them as a teacher. I was also thinking of something in the $500-600 price range. This will be pair #2, as she has a pair of Bilbaos already. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!:biggrin:

rdgldy, i'm thinking about this. she'll be teaching so she probably won't want 4" heels, rights? how about a wedge, like the miss boxe?

Yaya brings up a good point - I know you stand all day teaching in heels, but will your daughter be able to? Or should we think lower and more comfortable?

ETA - you answered at the same time I was posting. Considering now.

rdgldy--You're the bomb! I'm such an old school geek. Anyway, my thoughts for a teacher who will be on her feet all day are the Alta Dama 100, Cathay (available at NM), Simple 70 or 85, Declic 90mm which all translate from day to night wear.

What about the new lower altadamas or the cathay, if she likes slingbacks? They're 4 inches but feel like 2.5 with the double platform. And they're starting to come in more subdued colors (tan suede, black kid) if she wants something that will be a little more professional, but can still be fun for when she's not teaching.

I just wanna say you're a fabulous and awsome mom, and your daughter is very lucky. I don't really have any suggestions other than what others have listed so far :P

Keep them coming-all are great ideas! I was leaning towards simples or ron rons. I'll need to find out what NM has.
Alice, you are a sweetie.

I would recommend either the ron ron or the simple in a lower heel. I teach as well and the ron rons are perfect for work and going out after work! My lova wedges are also good, so maybe the Miss Boxe? What a great mom....;)

What a great gift!! What age level will she be teaching? I was thinking of a wedge too. I tend to prefer peeps, so I really like the Matatales 70. It's a nice lower wedge.