College graduation ceremony tomorrow...

Sep 13, 2006
And I'm super nervous! I can't stop thinking about the ceremony and it's making me sick. I don't do well in large crowds or being onstage in front of tons of people, so just the thought of having to sit there and wait to walk and get my diploma makes me feel completely ill. I also have family coming into town, which I really wish they weren't because it adds even more stress on me.
Not only am I nervous for the ceremony, but also the inevitable questions of, "So what are your plans now" that everyone will ask me and I don't have an answer to!

I know it will be over quickly enough, but does anyone have any advice to calm down or relieve some of my anxiety? I would really appreciate it!

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done finishing school! I got nervous at my graduation too so you have my sympathies. Do you have something small that you can carry with you? My dad gave me a little tiny angel. Lol don't laugh but sometimes when I get nervous I just hold it in my hand and concentrate on it for a second and it makes me feel calmer. Not sure why it worked but I think it's like a little distraction to make you forget how nervous you are.

Sep 13, 2006
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done finishing school! I got nervous at my graduation too so you have my sympathies. Do you have something small that you can carry with you? My dad gave me a little tiny angel. Lol don't laugh but sometimes when I get nervous I just hold it in my hand and concentrate on it for a second and it makes me feel calmer. Not sure why it worked but I think it's like a little distraction to make you forget how nervous you are.

Thanks for the congrats! I don't think that's silly at all! It's really sweet actually, and I think that's a really good idea. I have a necklace that is really special to me that I wear everyday, so maybe I can just hang onto that if I'm starting to feel especially nervous.