College bag defect???

Luxlove21

Jul 1, 2019
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I recently purchased the College medium in silver hardware from Neiman Marcus a few months ago. Love it and didn’t think anything of it. A few days ago I went to the Saint Laurent boutique with my baby cousin because she wanted the same bag. The SA made a comment saying my bag was defected. The leather had a sheen to it (as seen in the bottom of the attached picture) and that it shouldn’t look like that, it has a metallic-like color over it. It should look like the top photo. The SA at Saint Laurent boutique suggest that I take it in the store for an exchange with the receipt or a repair. However, the SA at Neiman was adamant that the college came in different style leather and that the “non-shiny was more money.” Has anyone had the same problem?

Attachments

• D773951C-BAE5-433A-AF93-0DAC098888DE.jpeg
    D773951C-BAE5-433A-AF93-0DAC098888DE.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 216
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I recently purchased the College medium in silver hardware from Neiman Marcus a few months ago. Love it and didn’t think anything of it. A few days ago I went to the Saint Laurent boutique with my baby cousin because she wanted the same bag. The SA made a comment saying my bag was defected. The leather had a sheen to it (as seen in the bottom of the attached picture) and that it shouldn’t look like that, it has a metallic-like color over it. It should look like the top photo. The SA at Saint Laurent boutique suggest that I take it in the store for an exchange with the receipt or a repair. However, the SA at Neiman was adamant that the college came in different style leather and that the “non-shiny was more money.” Has anyone had the same problem?
Hi I don’t think it’s meant to have a metallic sheen to it at all. Check what the details or colour code say on your receipt. If you purchased a black bag and the receipt states you did then Neiman Marcus are lying. You can get the leather redyed though through most professional leather restorers.

I know there is a vintage leather version with a sheen but that is completely different to your bag. I’ve attached a picture.

Attachments

• C5D67DEC-60CC-4714-9E7B-BC2521BF7F6C.jpeg
    C5D67DEC-60CC-4714-9E7B-BC2521BF7F6C.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 176
Looks like a color transfer on your bag and it is a defect, likely due to improper storage or it’s used…btw I actually have the exact bag that miss world posted. It s a large college and I’m not sure if there is a medium version. But it’s a totally different texture leather that looks like Chanel’s reissues crinkled leather with a sheer patent overcoat

Hi, I had the same issue with my bag. I sent to to YSL and their feedback is that it's due to the saturation of colour in the leather. They wouldn't repair or replace mine as it wasn't determined to be that bad (or so they say). They polished my bag with leather conditioner and it did help give the appearance of black resonating through. I wonder what will happen once the leather dry's enough, if the same sheen will appear. It sucks and annoys me considering the COST. My only recommendation is that you condition your bag and see if it helps. Good luck!

Hi, I had the same issue with my bag. I sent to to YSL and their feedback is that it's due to the saturation of colour in the leather. They wouldn't repair or replace mine as it wasn't determined to be that bad (or so they say). They polished my bag with leather conditioner and it did help give the appearance of black resonating through. I wonder what will happen once the leather dry's enough, if the same sheen will appear. It sucks and annoys me considering the COST. My only recommendation is that you condition your bag and see if it helps. Good luck!
Hi, did they say what leather conditioner to use?

Hi all I just got my new college medium bag but the leather on the conner of the flap is cracked and I haven’t used it. Have any of you seen this before? I have attached the pic below. Please let me know thank you so much!

Attachments

• 8E17B386-73D2-4E85-A447-A6E9312D5C14.jpeg
    8E17B386-73D2-4E85-A447-A6E9312D5C14.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 29