College bag defect???

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I recently purchased the College medium in silver hardware from Neiman Marcus a few months ago. Love it and didn’t think anything of it. A few days ago I went to the Saint Laurent boutique with my baby cousin because she wanted the same bag. The SA made a comment saying my bag was defected. The leather had a sheen to it (as seen in the bottom of the attached picture) and that it shouldn’t look like that, it has a metallic-like color over it. It should look like the top photo. The SA at Saint Laurent boutique suggest that I take it in the store for an exchange with the receipt or a repair. However, the SA at Neiman was adamant that the college came in different style leather and that the “non-shiny was more money.” Has anyone had the same problem?

Attached Files:

2. Hi I don’t think it’s meant to have a metallic sheen to it at all. Check what the details or colour code say on your receipt. If you purchased a black bag and the receipt states you did then Neiman Marcus are lying. You can get the leather redyed though through most professional leather restorers.

I know there is a vintage leather version with a sheen but that is completely different to your bag. I’ve attached a picture.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice