college applications?

Noriko said:
I remember applying to schools, stress! Well, mostly the waiting for the replies :biggrin:

I'll have to apply to law school this year though, ahhhh! More stress!

awwww don't stress.....it was actually not as bad as applying to college........now law school itself is a different story :weird:

carbon paradise said:
Anyone in here applying to school? I know most of you are a little older than I am, but I was just wondering. If so, where? Are you done with your app? What did you write your essay on? When's your app due?

SMFA: Feb 1st
VCU: Feb 1st
Hampshire College: Jan 15th

Essay: Have yet to write. Hahah. :Push: Oh, it sort of makes me want to kll myself....:shame:

:heart:

Yes! Hmm lets see... I did Early Action to Adelphi and Hofstra Universities here on Long Island, and regular app for C.W. Post. I was accepted into all of them; and thus far I could get $10,000 per year in school scholarships from C.W. Post. I'm waiting on how much federal aid I could get...

BTW: I will definitely be attending Post for Chemistry in the Honors program.

P.S.: I suppose I didn't realize what a big part essays were to the application process, but I completely did them in twenty minutes, and still did okay. ;)

jc2239 said:
awwww don't stress.....it was actually not as bad as applying to college........now law school itself is a different story :weird:

really? I thought law school would be harder to get into, but glad to hear that it may not be as bad:biggrin:

Noriko said:
really? I thought law school would be harder to get into, but glad to hear that it may not be as bad:biggrin:

I think it's easier to get into but harder to get out (graduate). :lol: I have classmates dropping out like flies...

Don't worry Noriko, you'll be fine! :amuse:

Irissy said:
I think it's easier to get into but harder to get out (graduate). :lol: I have classmates dropping out like flies...

i dunno about easy or hard to get into...i just remember the application process was relatively painless.........but i definitely agree with the hard to get out.......i'm surprised i haven't succumbed to a mental breakdown yet.......maybe soon tho :wacko:

jc2239 said:
i dunno about easy or hard to get into...i just remember the application process was relatively painless.........but i definitely agree with the hard to get out.......i'm surprised i haven't succumbed to a mental breakdown yet.......maybe soon tho :wacko:

You will be fine indeed. I think it was only the LSAT that was a pain. First year law school is rough, it definitely weeds out many who don't really want to be there or perhaps are there for the wrong reasons. It was a great experience though, I loved law school. Again you'll be fine!

Everyone lives in the East Coast, huh?

I applied to:

uc berkeley
santa clara university

Those are the only two schools I want to go to. If I don't give in, I'm going to community college then tranfering into one of those schools.

Haha, so many from NoVa! I lived there for a year. My friends there had gone to James Madison and GW mostly, those schools seem really popular.

Good luck with your essays! :smile:

Irissy said:

I hope so! Looks like I have to worry about that sooner than I thought, or may have to. I went to talk to my advisor today and she said I only need to take 2 more courses to graduate and I could possibly take them at the same time. That would rock. I need to graduate already!

i remember applying last year.. it was quite scary.. well waiting for the acceptance/rejection letters, that is. i applied to UCs (university of california) and a few privates. i ended up at a UC. i know the privates differ in essay selection but the UCs were very specific. good luck on all of that! :biggrin:

i'm currently in the process of applying for transfer so i can definitely relate. :smile: