Collection with special meaning

BowieFan1971

Cat mom, wife, mother of a US Navy corpsman
Jun 19, 2020
I have a small collection, but they have the same thing in common...Made in France in 5/98, the month and year my son was born. I wanted vintage LV....love the lived in look and darker honey patina. These were the two styles I saw that spoke to me first. Might add to it as I find styles I can’t live without that share the 0958 zip code...maybe Speedy 25? Or a small shoulder crossbody?

I never understood the LV obsession, but now I do. Pick one up and you can feel the craftsmanship.

A617652D-B7AF-4C95-AD97-2818AD19606C.jpeg

I have a small collection, but they have the same thing in common...Made in France in 5/98, the month and year my son was born. I wanted vintage LV....love the lived in look and darker honey patina. These were the two styles I saw that spoke to me first. Might add to it as I find styles I can’t live without that share the 0958 zip code...maybe Speedy 25? Or a small shoulder crossbody?

I never understood the LV obsession, but now I do. Pick one up and you can feel the craftsmanship.

View attachment 4780124

[/QUOTE]
Love your story and understand your questioning the obsession others had/have until, like you, I picked one up. With that said, I also didn't understand why on earth anyone would carry a bag with SO Much logo until I read the history. Now I am only drawn to the bags with the monogram print.....a strong link to the past. My appreciation grew when I learned about Audrey Hepburn's connection to the Speedy. I loved Miss Hepburn's style, talent, kindness.

• Love
Reactions: BowieFan1971
Love your story and understand your questioning the obsession others had/have until, like you, I picked one up. With that said, I also didn't understand why on earth anyone would carry a bag with SO Much logo until I read the history. Now I am only drawn to the bags with the monogram print.....a strong link to the past. My appreciation grew when I learned about Audrey Hepburn's connection to the Speedy. I loved Miss Hepburn's style, talent, kindness.
[/QUOTE]

I love that too, along with the fact the Alma was the bag Coco Chanel designed and asked LV to make for her. Originally called the Squire, in production since 1934! ❤️