Collecting Trends

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I'm on my fourth pair of loubies and I've just noticed that all four are closed-toe, closed-heel pumps, 100mm and above. Decolletes, Declics, New Simples, and Pigalles - AND I'm hankering for some ronrons now. I've always known that I'm not a fan of snake/croc skin, and I love patent and suede, but it finally occurred to me that I must not like showing my toes or heels! :nogood: Although, my big exception is Lady Gres - which I think are so gorgeous.

What are your collecting trends (conscious or subconscious)? Or do you like everything?

2. I'm kinda forced to only choose the lower heeled ones.

3. I tend to like closed-toe attention-getters--bright colors, eye-catching designs, super high heels. I still would love a pair of Madeleines, though.

4. I'm all over the place-kind of like every other aspect of my life!

5. I dont have a trend. Just buy what i like!! I dont really want more than 1 or 2 of the same style .. only exceptions being VP's and Catwomans.

I recently bought patent teal Ron Ron's which i love so i recommend Ron Ron's!!

6. ^I know! I tried on lilac suede ronrons at Costa Mesa and am so in love!

You can probably tell from the closed-toe, closed-heel thing, I'm just wee bit neurotic :rolleyes: - so my friends think LOL

7. Me too rdgldy! :P

I do really love the Ron Ron as well...and the teal is sooo gorgeous!

8. Oh! Except I don't have a single pair of sling backs so I guess I do have somewhat of a trend going on...

9. No slingbacks for me at all. They just don't work.

I notice that my 85mm shoes are both colors that didn't come in the 100mm+ and that's probably why I bought them. I don't wear them though so maybe I will have to do an SO w/ those colors.

10. I'm all over the place :nuts: except 120 w/o platform and double platform

11. I think I like the VP/NP/Yoyo style the best. I have 16 pair of those (VP and NP being the most popular style). Its just sad that its hardly ever sunny where I live.

12. i have noticed that i have a major thing for closed back peeptoes... and exotics.... DANGEROUS :death: habit!

13. I think the sexiest shoes on the planet are d'Orsays. However, I like slingback and slides the best. Slides because they never give me a blister and I can kick them off quick. Same for slingbacks. I tend to love peep-toes for some silly reason. The main thing for me is variety----I have a no duplicate look rule and I rarely break it.

14. i buy whatever i like so i've got a bit of everything.. but i'm particularly careful/picky when it comes to peep toes/open toes because i have pretty long toes and i don't want that thing happening where you see toes hanging off the edges of the shoes.. so yucky!!

sdesaye- i agree with the no duplicate rule.. if i'm gonna spend that much on a pair of shoes, i better not have something similar in the closet! i even hesitated when i was buying my patent black decollettes because i have patent black pigalles, but i needed (ok, WANTED) a pair of COMFY patent black CLs, so i went for it.. otherwise, i try to get as many different colours/styles in as possible

15. My trend is neutral colors with a twist and the design of VPs and NPs. I am trying to decide what to do next as far as color is concern.