collecting before wallet

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I wonder ... what do suggest to buy for a collection before buying first wallet :smile:*

2. I started buying LV in december '11 and I haven't bought a wallet also because I'm at a point where I rather spend that money on bags... I bought a Speedy (handbag), a Delightful (shoulderbag) and a Milla (pochette). Now I want a cross body bag first and then I will start collection SLG's :smile:

3. I think having a shoulder bag and a hand held bag, and maybe having a few different patterns first.

4. Thanks girls!
    It is confusing situation, lot of LVers are convinced you should get a bag and a wallet as a start but I m not sure if it is best decision :smile:

I d love to hear more opinion :smile:

5. You should get what YOU want. There are no written rules.

6. I would much rather have a few bags than one bag and one wallet!!

7. I don't even use a wallet any more. Do what works for you.

8. A zippy MC wallet was my First purchase!! Of course I do everything backwards...lol

9. I would suggest buying at least three bags before a wallet. They can all be shoulder or handheld if you prefer one over the older.

10. It's interesting to hear different opinions. There is no wrong answer. For me, i had a few slg's before I got my first 'real' bag. My first bag was a pochette which isn't really a handbag for me. Good luck in your search!

11. I think that after you try LV wallet you can love it more than bags, it feels so good and the sound of zipper is amazing :biggrin:
    I always use my wallet, even when I wear my non-LV bags.

I think that after 2 bags it s good time to consider LV wallet.

12. If you don't mind using the same bag everyday, then buy a wallet after your first bag.

13. I like to get matching sets, purse and a wallet or cosmetic case. There's no right or wrong way, do what feels right and you're happy with. Good luck !

14. I bought my LV wallet after my first bag. I just love my wallet, costly as they may be. I think it is well worth it.

15. I got the wallet and bag together. I'm glad I got the wallet. There's something about pulling out my wallet and it matches and I love it. It's just my preference. A wallet is used just as much as a purse, and I personally wanted something nice right off the bat, rather than several bags since you only carry one bag at a time. I'd like to get more SLGs - love looking at pics and seeing all the LV inside.