Collars up and Shoulder pads ?

My 14 year old daughter pops the collar and also wears 2 polo shirts at once- contrasting colors. I remember these days of the collar up but. I don't remember 2 shirts!!!!I"m 27yrs old. Sometimes, if I wear a polo shirt I do pop the collar and it eventually falls down and I don't bother adjusting. No shoulder pads!!!

Loft Lady said:
oops sorry, typo I'm 37!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: don't worry...we do typos all the time!

Teens do this the double polos in contrasting colors all the time. They see it everywhere--A&F, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters, JCrew, etc.--it's all about layering. And layering is very "in" now.:biggrin:

Loganz said:
No No No and skinny leg jeans can go back to the 80's too - I had a SA try to force the skinny jean on me I told her, "no way, I did that in HS and I just can't go back"; so she says (no joke) "I guess you won't be buying any jeans for a while." while she grabs the skinny-jeans out of my hands and huffs away....LOL - :P

THAT is SOOOO FUNNY!!!!! LOL!!! Personally, I love skinny jeans but yeah, I think they should have stayed back in the 80's with Sergio.

Cristina said:
All the frat boys at the university I went to are into that "trend". I guess it's cool to wear a pink polo shirt with the collar turned up, plaid shorts and flip flops. Bleh :suspiciou

And the trend still lives on!! I actually sat next to a guy in class who was wearing pink and white striped seersucker shorts, a pink popped collar polo, and pink flipflops with GREEN WHALES on them :weird:

I say if you can pull it off, go for it! If you can't... it's a defeinite no. It really depends on the person. For instance, my sister looks great with the collar popped up while I just look stupid so she does it and I don't. =) I really like the skinny jeans look but I would never wear it because it doesn't suit my body-type and it would look just awful!!

Pradasmeadow said:
Do people still wear their collars up ? Do you ?

How about shoulder pads do you use them ?

I know a lot of guys who wear their collars popped...i dont do it lol bc i dont think i can pull it off i'm really not that into it but it is coming back.

shoulder pads? :yucky: imho

NO NO and NO to the collar popping. In my area all the kids are doing it. Personally it drives my nuts. :wacko: I am only 22 but I feel like walking over and fixing it for them. :noggin:The ONLY time I ever put my collar up was on my jacket when it was pouring outside. I am just not trendy enough for all that. The layering doesnt particularly bother me but I wouldnt do it. JMHO. :biggrin:

As for the shoulder pads.... same thing NO.
Skinny jeans only look good on really thin women. So no go for me either. I am wondering how long that trend will last...

I do wear some of my collars up but haven't worn shoulder pads lately:lol:. However, I do think that coats or blazers with a bit of a shoulder pad in them give you very nice shape.

I'd just like to say that there would be no other place in the world where there are more "popped" collars than at my school. Both the girls and guys do it and once i saw a guy pop THREE polo collars inside a POPPED seersucker jacket!

ew....

I guess the non preppy types are the minority where I go to school. I stopped wearing polos after my experiences. I've been scared sh*tless after seeing hundreds of sorority girls with their pearl earrings, pearl necklaces and popped pastels.

Fashion trends always seem to come back "in" again so this isn't surprising. I see a lot of younger people wearing this look (21 and under). I say that if you're old enough to have worn the look when it originally came into style, you should pass when it comes back!!! I don't need to re-live my own youth, thank you very much! :P