Cole Haan Village Triple Zip Satchel or Aerin Triple Zip Satchel?

Evening

May 13, 2008
Hi everyone,

I recently fell in love with the Village Triple Zip Satchel in large and bought one off ebay. I haven't actually seen the large size in person, but I did see the small one in the Cole Haan store and decided the larger size would be better. However, when I received the bag, I found out it was actually an Aerin Triple Zip Satchel. I haven't contacted the seller yet to find out if this was a mistake or intentional (which I'll be doing so shortly). Meanwhile, if it was intentional, what should I do? Should I keep it? The Aerin Triple Zip is more structured and I like that the Village Triple Zip is a bit slouchier... I'm also not sure if I like the semi-glazed leather. I can't make up my mind. :sad:

Aerin: click here

Village (small size): click here

Last edited:
I have the village triple zip satchel in gunmetal and it is one of my absolute favorite bags. The compartments keep things well organized, but it's so slouchy that it molds to your body. The leather is TDF!

Wow, those are two totally different styles, how did the seller get them mixed up?! I too prefer the Village, it's more of en everyday bag. I hope you get it sorted out, good luck!

I like the Village one better. I just got the bag in my avatar and it's a Village small roll bag. It's my first Cole Haan. I cut the tags off immediately (unusual for me) and have been carrying it all week (got it Monday). Also unusual for me.
Good luck. Hope you get it all worked out.

I like the Village one better. I just got the bag in my avatar and it's a Village small roll bag. It's my first Cole Haan. I cut the tags off immediately (unusual for me) and have been carrying it all week (got it Monday). Also unusual for me.
Good luck. Hope you get it all worked out.
luralee....I just noticed your post on the handbag for today thread. Isn't that a great bag? I have always loved Cole Haan, and your bag is stunning. Especially that great color! That would be my pick!

I have the village triple zip in gunmetal and I love it! As another poster said, the pockets and compartments are really useful. I really love the slouchy leather, too. The Aerin looks pretty, but also kind of rigid.

Thanks a lot for your replies! I've decided to return the Aerin bag and am still waiting for a response from the seller. *crosses fingers*

~bastet, how do you like the gunmetal color? Is it really shiny? I've seen some pictures where it looks more metallic-y and some where it looks like a darker grey. Do you think it would be a good neutral color? Thanks!

i like this better
B20249_A

how do you like the gunmetal color? Is it really shiny? I've seen some pictures where it looks more metallic-y and some where it looks like a darker grey. Do you think it would be a good neutral color? Thanks!
The gunmetal is amazingly neutral, believe it or not. It's not too shiny, but kind of a muted grey. I'm not a metallic gal usually, but I love it!