Cold Brew Coffee?

1. Picked up a cold brew coffee maker at TJ Maxx the other day. Tried it out according to their directions. It's OK but far too strong for me. They call for 16 tablespoons of grounds to 40 ounces of water. When I was loading it, I thought that was quite a bit.

Next batch will be less coffee to see how that works out.

2. So far, it's been working fine. Tastes OK. I cut the batches down to the same two scoops I use in a drip brewer. Only drawback here is it takes a full 24 hours in the fridge, or more. Just need to plan ahead.

3. Cold brew is supposed to be a super strong concentate. You only need to use about 2oz in a 16oz mug, then add water & creamer or syrup, then sugar. Fill the remaining space with ice and enjoy. I have the Kitchenaid cold brew system and one batch should last 2 weeks because you do use so little each time.

4. We always drink it straight and we use the same ratio as OP mentions. I don't think it's supposed to be a concentrate. Is it possible you're thinking of something else? We let it go 24 hours. It's served at cafes the same way we do it.

5. No, I’m following the directions that came with my brewer. With my brewer you are using about 3/4 of a bag of coffee to one liter of water. It’s a concentrate that you’re supposed to dilute. You can see for yourself on the Kitchenaid website under cold brew coffee maker. Perhaps we’re talking about different things.