Colbalt blue short kelly wallet - L stamp... what do u think?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I saw a colbalt blue short kelly wallet today and I asked the SA to hold it for me while I think about it for 2 days. She said it's a new color but I saw that the stamp was a L stamp... Why do u think she said it's new and is it a new color? I saw ppl talk abt the color here back in 2006.

Btw, what do u think about this wallet? Is it a good color and should I get it??

I heard the Kelly wallet will be discontinued soon but it's quite an expensive wallet. Should I spend that money on 1/3 or a kelly instead?

Much appreciated for ur opinion!

2. #2 Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    what wallet will be discon soon? the kelly compact?

i've one in bleu thalassa and i love it. i think it is so pretty.

but it's not an everyday wallet, with only a few slots and you have to fold your bills. i use it only when i'm carrying smaller bags. even then, i can't use it in my constance since the turnkey scratches the soft lambskin lining. but i do find it very handy when i don't want to carry any bag, say when i run down to buy something and the kelly long wallet is too big and conspicuous.

but the kelly compact sure is pretty and that was the reason i bought it. i couldn't resist

btw cobalt blue is gorgeous! did your sa mean bleu de malte instead of cobalt?

3. Yes, Kelly compact will be discontinued soon, as told by my SA.

No, I saw that tag and it says cobalt (that's why I was confused). And the stamp in L. I guess the wallet was made 2 years ago. That makes me wonder if I should get it since it's "old"

4. when i got mine from the store, it was an older stamp as well but i snapped it up because it is a rare color to find. date stamps don't bother me one bit.

5. Actually I meant that kelly wallet will be discontinued, whatever the size.

Thanks, loves ;)

6. As loves says, it is a beautiful wallet. It depends how much you like it and what you want to use it for. I decided against one because I was worried that the straps would make it too difficult to get into and out of the wallet. However, it could also be used as an evening clutch. Its hard to go wrong with most things Hermes, it just depends what you are looking for. Happy Shopping!!!

7. really? that both the long and short kelly wallet will be discontinued? wow. it is so popular, always out of stock in the local shops (unless you're talking croc/gator)

i initially thought the straps will be hard to maneuver but i realise i get it open really fast. lol

8. I just got one from the boutique in violet cherve this May with date stamp K, that means 2007, but I am so happy I found her and the stamp doesn't really bother me.
    Regarding the strap, it is a bit difficult if you are in a hurry, but it actually gives me the chance for looking/ staring at it for longer every time I use it :love:, I am so much in love it.

9. ???? I find that hard to believe? Surely they will not be discontinued? Anyone else heard this? Buuuhhh, I´m worried now, lol!

10. lovely64 i know, need confirmation but like yourself i find it hard to believe. it is selling so well so it doesn't make sense to stop production.

11. Hey gals,

Yep yep, I was told by more than one SA in more than one store that the Kelly wallets (all sizes) will be discontinued. The reason being it's too difficult to open and ppl do not like using it. My SA urged me to buy one now before I cannot find any kelly wallet anymore.

However, I want to say that I dunno if they REALLY know what they're talking about though cuz for one, the SAs told me Cobalt is a new color~~

12. #12 Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    Do you know if it's because it's selling very well or it's because the stores don't stock them cuz ppl find it difficult to use?

I actually have a long quetsche kelly wallet already but I realize the long straps are reli annoying. I am thinking about getting a compact kelly just because I'm hoping the straps will be easier to manage. Also cuz my SA said they'll be discontinued soon.

13. the local SAs always tell me they had it in this and this color but they just got sold.

14. If you like it, don't worry about the stamp. I just bought an "old" bag from the boutique -- I didn't even look at the stamp -- because it was rare and I loved it and know I will never likely find another.

15. NewBV we're twins on the questche :smile: i actually find the long wallet easier to use than the compact one.