Coincidence, scam, or something else?

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
Last week, I listed Item X on ebay.. an hour before it was to end, a buyer sent me a message through the ebay system and asked:

[FONT=&quot]Do you ship overnight shipping? I want to purchase this item for a friends birthday. Please get back to me asap.[/FONT]

By the item I read the email, the auction had already ended, so I did not reply. A few days later, Ebay sent me a warning email, saying that any email from the above buyer was to be treated with caution, cos it may be a phishing scam.

Today, I got another email... on Item Y. It is from a different buyer, but the question is exactly the same as above. I am suspicious because 1) the tone of the message sounds very very similar and 2) Ebay already sent a warning about the first buyer. Both emails asked about overnight shipping to a friend, and wanted a reply asap.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before? I don't want to be rude by not replying to a legitimate question about my item, but neither do I want to be caught in a scam. I am just having such a bad feeling about this...

Both have 100% feedback... the second buyer has 60 feedback, and the other one had (I think) 90.

That's one of the reasons why I was surprised when Ebay first sent me that warning message, since I usually don't doubt 100% feedback. But after this second one.... I don't know.

I'm alway suspicious of buyers who need the item shipped ultra fast for a friend's/relative's birthday/anniversary/whatever. Ebay certainly isn't the fastest place to buy something from to get it in time for a birthday. ;)

I'm alway suspicious of buyers who need the item shipped ultra fast for a friend's/relative's birthday/anniversary/whatever. Ebay certainly isn't the fastest place to buy something from to get it in time for a birthday. ;)

^^^ I did that once. Paid extra for shipping the item. Had it in time for my BF's Birthday Bash and she LOVE it.:tup:

However in this case... by the OP... sounds like a phishing scam:tdown:.

This has happened to me twice....sending a link for me to click on to see if the bag in the link is the exact same as I am selling ie. the bag her friends wants for her B-day...dont click on the link...it contains a virus,

Kat