Coincidence??? I think not!!! Ebay rant

That is true. Most auctions see all the action in the last 5 minutes. I never list my items as auctions because I am always afraid to take that risk and only do Buy It Now. But I think if I did list a bag and it only sold for .99 cent I would risk the negative feedback rather than part with it at that price. But as I said, this is why I don't do auctions :smile:.
Plz ckh ya PM

That is true. Most auctions see all the action in the last 5 minutes. I never list my items as auctions because I am always afraid to take that risk and only do Buy It Now. But I think if I did list a bag and it only sold for .99 cent I would risk the negative feedback rather than part with it at that price. But as I said, this is why I don't do auctions :smile:.

I don't mind listing as auction format...I just list my starting price at the lowest price I'd be willing to sell the item for. That way, even a single last minute bid gets me something I'm happy with.

I sold a few times on ebay a few years ago and I was under the impression that once there is a bid, it is a binding confirmation of sale.

Unfortunately not - and that's actually a good thing for buyers too, because then you aren't held hostage to a bad seller. This lady's actions are clearly strange if not downright unethical.

and now this tool bag has re-listed the item at a starting bid of $10. I reported it just out of spite..

I sold a few times on ebay a few years ago and I was under the impression that once there is a bid, it is a binding confirmation of sale.

I also messaged this person and told them I was reporting them for their unethical actions... shame on them!

It's not against eBay rules to cancel bids and end an auction before the scheduled end time. But I wouldn't bid on anything that seller lists again no matter how good the price.

Report them for what exactly?
A seller has the right to cancel any bids at any time before the end of the listing. She did not do anything against ebay's policy.
That is an unfair auction practice and the seller should set a starting price of the lowest they are comfortable selling the item for, the buyer shouldn't have their bid cancelled because the seller didn't set a realistic price for their item, this is my opinion that is all.

That is an unfair auction practice and the seller should set a starting price of the lowest they are comfortable selling the item for, the buyer shouldn't have their bid cancelled because the seller didn't set a realistic price for their item, this is my opinion that is all.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but as far as the rules, the seller did not break any, so there is nothing reportable here,.

This happens sometimes, auctions getting cancelled.
It can be frustrating, but I always try to see the sellers side of it. Maybe they were trying to raise money for something important, food for the family, the water bill so it wouldn't get turned off, etc. Seeing a valuable item, maybe one of the only valuable items the seller has, sell for a fraction of what it's worth could be devastating for them, emotionally and financially.

if that is the case they should not start an auction at .99!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I bought an item using BIN and the seller decided to refund me because her "heart would not let her part" with the item. It happens, so I agreed to the cancellation. A week later, she relisted the item for $100 more. Apparently, her heart found it's price.