Books & Music Coffee Table Books!

Nov 1, 2009
I am fond of coffee table books, and hope to make this a space where people can share some that they like!

Some that have my interest at the moment:

Pilgrimage - Annie Leibovitz

My Passion for Design - Barbra Streisand

Lady Gaga x Terry Richardson - Lady Gaga & Terry Richardson

J

Jönathan

I love coffee table books too!

My favorite book right now is Christian Louboutin by Christian Louboutin.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I have a few that I rotate:
The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book - R. Crumb
100 Flowers - Georgia O'Keefe
The Hermes Scarf: History & Mystique - Nadine Coleno
Serpens - Guido Mocafico

J

Jönathan

I have a few that I rotate:
The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book - R. Crumb
100 Flowers - Georgia O'Keefe
The Hermes Scarf: History & Mystique - Nadine Coleno
Serpens - Guido Mocafico

Whoa! R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book!

I haven't seen that one before. Is it new??

May 3, 2007
My current favourite is The Golden Age of Couture: Paris and London 1947-1957. it was originally published to coincide with an exhibit at the Victoria and Albert Museum in '07/'08.

Another favourite isn't actually a coffee table book, but we keep it on ours permanently. It always makes people laugh: Awkward Family Photos. Its based on a blog of the same name that people sent in photos to and is very funny. Along the same lines (based on a blog) are the Post Secrets books, of which there have been a few.

I'm off to Amazon to check out the others mentioned!

madamefifi

cat hoarder
O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
virginia
Love'em! Just got 100 Unforgettable Dresses by Hal Rubenstein, The Cat in Art by Stefano Zuffi, and Quilts: Masterworks from the American Folk Museum by Elizabeth Warren et al. I'm holding out for The Horse: From Cave Painting to Modern Art by Jean-Louis Gourand which has come down in price on Amazon from $150.00 to $103.49 so any day now!!

Love4MK

The Blonde Bag Lady
O.G.
Oct 3, 2010
New York
I'm a big sucker for coffee table books and those little humor books as well! I still live at home so I don't have my own coffee table to display them, but I keep them on a bookshelf which is just as fun. I'm definitely a big fan of the Post Secret books. Always a good conversation starter!

jamamcg

Aug 8, 2011
UK
My favorites are: Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty, Stephen Sprouse, David LaChapelle: Heaven to Hell, Alison Jackson: Confidential (if you haven't seen it before i suggest you do its hilarious), Andy Warhol: Giant size, Louis Vuitton: Art, Fashion and Architecture, Art: The definitive visual guide, The illustrated history of art, Vintage Paris Couture, Lost Buildings, Gaga by Terry Richardson and finally Daphne Guinness.

Love4MK

The Blonde Bag Lady
O.G.
Oct 3, 2010
New York
I picked up Gaga by Terry Richardson the other day. Very cool book if you are a Lady Gaga fan. It's all candid photography, none of it is posed which is very cool. It's worth taking a look if you get the chance!