Coconut oil ruined my bag?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I used coconut oil to condition my rhea backpack after reading articles for days that it's a great moisturizer for leather bags. It has left a white mess in the creases of the pebbled leather and I've tried a leather conditioner and cleaner to fix it with no success. Advice? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468804814.080157.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468804825.684578.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468804835.878438.jpg

2. Hmm have you tried using a towel to rub it off? Maybe use a circular motion?

3. You can try using baby wipes to see if that will help. Just a thought.

4. I tried baby wipes first. No such luck.

5. I haven't tried anything since it has dried. I'll give it a shot.

6. It's almost like it is gone when the bag is damp, but dries back white

7. Try a heated baby wipe since coconut oil is solid at cooler temps. It turns white. Maybe a warm wipe will actually remove the oil.

8. Will do! Thank you!!!

9. It worked! Thank you!

10. I'm so happy to hear that!!! :smile:

11. What a great tip. I will have to remember it. :smile:

keishapie1973 likes this.
  12. Glad this worked! Great tip, Keishapie1973!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice