Coco Handle Small vs. Medium for Petite Girl?

Jul 10, 2019
Hi Everyone! I am finally purchasing my first Chanel and am having a really hard time deciding which one. I originally wanted a Black Small 19 but have decided to go with a more classic style like the Coco handle. Now I can't decide if I should go with a Small or a Medium. I recently purchased a LV Pochette Metis and a Gucci Marmont Crossbody that are around the same size of the small so I was thinking of getting the medium to have a different sized bag. My worry is that it might look to big for dressier occasions or that it might look weird on my petite frame. Any advice? Also, would love any recommendations on what hardware to go with or if there is a better option you would recommend for my first Chanel.

@CPA is that a small or a medium? The size I want is exactly that one that you posted (the yellow one) which in the website is the small but when I request a small from the SA's they seem to give me the mini. I asked an SA for a medium and she sent me a picture of what looks to be a large (it is hugee). I am so confused with sizing.

@CPA is that a small or a medium? The size I want is exactly that one that you posted (the yellow one) which in the website is the small but when I request a small from the SA's they seem to give me the mini. I asked an SA for a medium and she sent me a picture of what looks to be a large (it is hugee). I am so confused with sizing.
When referring to size I always just go by price because I’ve had SA call a small boy boy a mini boy bag

I am petite (155cm) too and I definitely prefer the small. I don't have one but I tried it in the boutique. One thing that annoys me about the coco handle is the stiff top handle, it really "digs" into my torso when I wear it crossbody. Not trying to put you off but perhaps that's something to consider. Hope this photo helps.
E4D29E66-7606-444D-A8ED-DBC498C35BD0.jpeg

Officially there was no mini CCH, on the French website sizes are named "petit" (which is small), then only "sac à rabat avec poignée" without any adjective, then "grand" (which means large). That's what the SA referred to. On social media and forums like Purseblog people tend to call them mini, small then medium which can be confusing.
Maybe you would want to make sure by including the widths which are respectively 9.5, 10.5 and 12.5 in, or based on the number of quilts on the largest part of the bag's front which are respectively 6, 8 and 9.
Now on the website, there's a real "mini" CCH that's even smaller with 5 quilts.
HTH.

Last edited: