Coco Handle or Pochette Métis?

I would definitely try on in person, but I do feel that it's very hard to compare the smallest size Coco with the PM because they're quite different bags in style imo!! But they're both extremely useful bags to me so I don't think you could make the wrong choice :doh:

I sold my bigger Coco due to weight and partly due to style-- I'm in my early 20s and somehow the bigger size made me look like I aged 10 years, haha! Perhaps it'll look better on more mature ladies but it just didn't fit me for some reason. It's definitely slightly on the heavy side imo, I'm sensitive to weight so I carry quite a lot of mini bags. So in comparison, I definitely find the PM quite reasonable in weight for its size; it's not a heavy bag! (Think you should get both hehe, honestly they're both really useful to me)

I was just at the boutique. So glad I tried it on. Omg, the coco handle can’t be worn crossbody. The strap is just waaay too short, even for me who is 5’.

I know the coco handle is elegant and not really meant to be carried crossbody, but with a toddler, it means I won’t get much use out of it with a cute little shoulder/top handle bag.

Oh, and they are sold out in all colours, except - PINK. It’s like a Barbie PINK :wtf:. Hmm... it’s super cute, but no thank you. I am in my 30s in a profession that people typically dress low-key.

Waiting to get into the LV store.

i reached for my CH more than the PM. i sold the PM very quickly after a 2 week overseas trip as the compartments drove me nuts. in terms of space, PM definitely fits better than a mini/small CH. that being said if you pack light, the CH could just work for you. in terms of overall versatility, my vote goes to the CH.

ps: we have a chanel fan here, whereas i am actually brand loyal to lv. hahaha

I like having compartments. Let’s see how things go. Waiting to get into the store now. This is the first time that I actually shop since the pandemic.

Reactions: Anesthestia
Be safe & enjoy. Let us know what you pick eventually

I bought the Pochette Metis in the colour turtledove! It was either that or a BARBIE PINK coco handle. That was a pretty easy choice :biggrin:. I am a working professional with a toddler. Barbie pink is way out of my comfort zone.

The SA at Chanel said it'll take a few weeks until they have more colours. I asked about the Trendy CC too, and the only colours they had were again, pink and lilac. No, thanks. Lol. I tried on the coco handle, the strap was waaaay too short. The handle was very stiff and it sat at a weird height when wearing crossbody.

Reactions: Anesthestia
Huge congrats!! "I tried on the coco handle, the strap was waaaay too short. The handle was very stiff and it sat at a weird height when wearing crossbody." I told you, didn't I? The handle is stiff and not so comfortable for crossbody, even if you're quite petite enough to wear crossbody!

Love the turtledove color, it's quite neutral!

I just read all the posts. I agree with your choice. I have the PM and love it as a crossbody bag. I have three kids and the thing I love as well about the PM is the back zip pocket which is so useful to slip a phone and/or cardholder in and out without having to open the bag. I say all of this as a Chanel lover. I love my PM! Enjoy! ❤️

Reactions: PineappleMinnie
Huge congrats!! "I tried on the coco handle, the strap was waaaay too short. The handle was very stiff and it sat at a weird height when wearing crossbody." I told you, didn't I? The handle is stiff and not so comfortable for crossbody, even if you're quite petite enough to wear crossbody!

Love the turtledove color, it's quite neutral!

Yes, you were right about the shoulder strap! I wish the strap is adjustable, but obviously not possible since it’s a woven chain strap.

I was torn between the PM in reverse monogram and turtledove! Which one would you have chosen? I asked for the SA’s opinion too, she personally liked the reverse monogram more. I asked about colour transfer, and she said it may happen. But, since turtledove is in leather, it can be cleaned. I have a leather conditioner too. But, she said they can’t clean colour transfer for the canvas pieces.

What’s your experience with colour transfer

I just read all the posts. I agree with your choice. I have the PM and love it as a crossbody bag. I have three kids and the thing I love as well about the PM is the back zip pocket which is so useful to slip a phone and/or cardholder in and out without having to open the bag. I say all of this as a Chanel lover. I love my PM! Enjoy! ❤

I was pretty much sold on the PM’s practicality! My only other purse that has a back pocket is my Senreve Mini Maestra. I love purses with a back pocket.

I love Chanel too (their bags, not their customer service). But have to say though, in terms of customer service, Louis Vuitton is much more welcoming. The Chanel store here is - they don’t acknowledge you or smile at you, nothing. I guess unless you carry a Chanel purse and well dressed? I was carrying my mini Maestra bag and wearing jeans, plus my mask. Lol.

Reactions: Tinder
Ooo the turtledove shade is very pretty! Congrats on your new PM

:heart:
My husband saw this new purse, and said - oh, you bought a new purse, eh? When did this happen? Did you buy it yesterday (he knew I went shopping yesterday)? Or got it shipped here?

Me: What’s important is the bag looks nice :biggrin:
FDD073A4-7769-43AF-891A-30A97E4F32B5.jpeg

Last edited: