Coco handle or lady Dior

bobee25

Jun 19, 2015
Hi i would like your advice dear members i am planning on going to London on July and getting a new bag i am debating between coco handle and lady Dior both on black and silver hardware for reference i have 4 chanel bags black classic jumbo caviar gold hardware , beige claire jumbo gold hardware , old medium boy black lambskin ruthenium hardware and woc black caviar gold hardware .
Please tell me your opinions also i am afraid from lambskin on the lady Dior bag as when i wear my lamb skin boy i am super cautious that its no scuffed till now its fine and looks brand new because i am so careful but i prefer caviar, is Dior lambskin more stronger?

I have a medium lamb Lady Dior and it is so well made. I dropped my bag once on the concrete floor and I nearly had a heart attack until I realized that nothing happened to the bag! Go for the LD. It's such a stunning bag and worth every penny.

Love both! I don't have a LD but I absolutely adore my coco handle. It's a great carefree everyday bag. The ruthenium hardware came out on the older versions. The current version of the coco handle is with aged hardware so it might be difficult for you to find one.

Love both! I don't have a LD but I absolutely adore my coco handle. It's a great carefree everyday bag. The ruthenium hardware came out on the older versions. The current version of the coco handle is with aged hardware so it might be difficult for you to find one.

So dont you know if they will make again the ruthenium hardware in the new collection coming in June ?

I have both.
A patent LD and a coco handle.
But, I sold away the COCO handle.
Reason:
The bottom of the COCO handle will sag after some time. This is also confirm by my Chanel SA.
And once it sags, it will look old and saggy and haggard and will loose its appeal.
If you wana know how it looks after it sags, look at the Chanel GST. It's gonna be like that.

So dont you know if they will make again the ruthenium hardware in the new collection coming in June ?

Actually the coco handle is not on the prefall list at all. You can check out the thread here (Pre Fall 17/18
https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/Pre-Fall-17-18.962269/. )

If you really want it, you should call the Chanel hotline to see if they can still find one for you. Have no idea if they will come out with ruthenium hardware in the upcoming seasons.

Reactions: bobee25

Another thing to think about, the lady dior is a classic so you can always buy that later. The coco handle is seasonal with different combinations, so snag one quickly if you find one you like.