Coco Handle... Different leather finishes?

TimelessBelle

Aug 23, 2016
I have a pleasant dilemma.... I know it's kind of silly since Coco Handle is so hard to come by.

I have my hands on 2 Small coco handles in black with lizard handle. I noticed the finishes on the bags are slightly different. One is more matte while the other has a sheen to it. I like the matte finish better as it makes the black more intense. The sides of this bag also has less creases. However the tip of the quilting on this bag is not as precise on the line (2nd pic). Also I prefer the handle of the other bag more. The lizard scales are coarser and feel more substantial when held in the hand.
I don't know which to keep. Any advise?
IMG_0559.JPG IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JazzyMac and KBT39
I think both are equally beautiful. Seems you like the first one better. I am not sure of the quilting lines, since it looks ok to me. I would be more on the look out of the creases, if its too extreme, i wouldn't take it.

Last edited:
I think both are equally beautiful. Seems you like the first one better. I am not sure of the quilting lines, since it looks ok to me. I would be more on the look out of the creases, if its too extreme, i wouldn't take it.

Thanks for the input, starprism. The creases on both bags aren't too drastic. But yes you are right I do prefer the first one. Just that the tip wasn't distinctive enough.

Both are gorgeous. Is the one on the right puffier? If i had to chose, right.

Thank you, bibs76. Think they are About the same in terms of puffiness. I don't mind it if it's not very puffy. My concern is always with deflated quiltings in time to come.

Caviar leather is a treated leather. It is a stamped leather and will have different batches. This happens all of the time. Choose the one you like the best. GL :smile:

Reactions: KBT39
I have a pleasant dilemma.... I know it's kind of silly since Coco Handle is so hard to come by.

I have my hands on 2 Small coco handles in black with lizard handle. I noticed the finishes on the bags are slightly different. One is more matte while the other has a sheen to it. I like the matte finish better as it makes the black more intense. The sides of this bag also has less creases. However the tip of the quilting on this bag is not as precise on the line (2nd pic). Also I prefer the handle of the other bag more. The lizard scales are coarser and feel more substantial when held in the hand.
I don't know which to keep. Any advise?
View attachment 3663663 View attachment 3663664
View attachment 3663666
I had the same dillema as well but the creases on my coarser coco handle is more obvious although mine is not a lizard handle. I returned it and I got another one which is less intense. I really love the coarser handle but I had no choice as the creases was really obvious.

Attachments

• IMG_4435.JPG
    IMG_4435.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_5018.JPG
    IMG_5018.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 374
Don't know about the details described, I don't think either really has problems per se, just different. I do think the one on the right side, at least to me look much deeper and more stunning. it just stands out to me more from the photo. ultimately choose what you like, seems like either would be just fine. :smile:

Don't know about the details described, I don't think either really has problems per se, just different. I do think the one on the right side, at least to me look much deeper and more stunning. it just stands out to me more from the photo. ultimately choose what you like, seems like either would be just fine. :smile:

Yes I agree that the one that looks deeper and intense is more stunning. Was hoping the lizard handle is just as 'textured' as the other. It's no wonder different people can have different opinions of the same bag... it all depends on the piece that is shown to them. Some simply lack the wow factor I guess.

Yes I agree that the one that looks deeper and intense is more stunning. Was hoping the lizard handle is just as 'textured' as the other. It's no wonder different people can have different opinions of the same bag... it all depends on the piece that is shown to them. Some simply lack the wow factor I guess.
Absolutely. choose what you love, not what we love. that said, one thing to think about. do you think the handle with more texture is going to be more or less durable? is that even a consideration for you? not questions you need to really answer but for your own consideration if it's relevant for you of course. good luck deciding. :smile:

Absolutely. choose what you love, not what we love. that said, one thing to think about. do you think the handle with more texture is going to be more or less durable? is that even a consideration for you? not questions you need to really answer but for your own consideration if it's relevant for you of course. good luck deciding. :smile:

Yeah, It did cross my mind frankly as I do not have have any lizard skin bag that I have used over a long period of time so I really don't know.

I am a Chanel fan but I think the overall quality has dropped a lot!
Agree, I find it ridiculous that I have to scrutinise every detail of the bag when I'm at the boutique so that I don't have to make a second trip to do an exchange.