**Coco Handle** Club

Received this gorgeous coco handle today! It looks every cuter in person! I fell in love even more ! However, still on the fence whether to wait for a mini (in caviar) or keep this as a first Chanel purchase? I need your advice everyone! For those who own this gorgeous piece, what are pros and cons you may have? Thank you! Your opinion will definitely help!

I bought a mini coco, convinced it was my dream bag. But I ended up returning it. It felt uncomfortable to wear on the shoulder (kept falling off) and impossible to wear cross body (I'm 5'1 so the bar was low!). It looks best hand held, and generally looks very nice. I still love it but it's not for me.
I love my mini (lambskin - which I prefer over caviar) way more, although it holds slightly less than the mini coco but i feel it is more versatile. However, I hear that caviar mini's are no longer being made so ultimately the decision should rest on whether you can find a new (assuming you don't want resale) caviar mini and if the coco handle feels wearable and versatile for your needs.

Reactions: Kdelz
Received this gorgeous coco handle today! It looks every cuter in person! I fell in love even more ! However, still on the fence whether to wait for a mini (in caviar) or keep this as a first Chanel purchase? I need your advice everyone! For those who own this gorgeous piece, what are pros and cons you may have? Thank you! Your opinion will definitely help!

What’s your hesitation on keeping it? If a mini is really what you want then maybe you should return it. My CH is a medium so I can’t really comment on the size of the small but know a mini would be way too small for me.

Reactions: LJChicago and Kdelz

My two cents.... wait for the mini.
The fact you want a mini to me sounds like you want to wear it casual and crossbody (I may be wrong). The mini is perfect for that.

The Coco Handle shape is a top handle bag, an elegant shape, and I prefer it in the small size to use as a real handbag, hand carry or shoulder. It looks awkward as a crossbody.

The one you have is the mini size and to me, it looks like a child’s bag. Not elegant at all.

So...
If you want a bag to wear casual, I would get the mini.

If you like the formality and elegance of a top handle bag, get the Coco Handle but in the larger size.

My gut says you really want a mini and are settling for this.

I’d return it and wait for a mini.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Kdelz
I bought a mini coco, convinced it was my dream bag. But I ended up returning it. It felt uncomfortable to wear on the shoulder (kept falling off) and impossible to wear cross body (I'm 5'1 so the bar was low!). It looks best hand held, and generally looks very nice. I still love it but it's not for me.
I love my mini (lambskin - which I prefer over caviar) way more, although it holds slightly less than the mini coco but i feel it is more versatile. However, I hear that caviar mini's are no longer being made so ultimately the decision should rest on whether you can find a new (assuming you don't want resale) caviar mini and if the coco handle feels wearable and versatile for your needs.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I agree that it looks very nice but I think we share the same thoughts when thinking about versatility! Thank you so much!

What’s your hesitation on keeping it? If a mini is really what you want then maybe you should return it. My CH is a medium so I can’t really comment on the size of the small but know a mini would be way too small for me.
I think one major hesitation is that I’m not able to wear it crossbody. I truly do enjoy the look of the bag but I’m afraid if I do decide to wear it out on days where I’d prefer to be handsfree, I’d end up resorting to my other bags. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it!

My two cents.... wait for the mini.
The fact you want a mini to me sounds like you want to wear it casual and crossbody (I may be wrong). The mini is perfect for that.

The Coco Handle shape is a top handle bag, an elegant shape, and I prefer it in the small size to use as a real handbag, hand carry or shoulder. It looks awkward as a crossbody.

The one you have is the mini size and to me, it looks like a child’s bag. Not elegant at all.

So...
If you want a bag to wear casual, I would get the mini.

If you like the formality and elegance of a top handle bag, get the Coco Handle but in the larger size.

My gut says you really want a mini and are settling for this.

I’d return it and wait for a mini.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! This definitely helps! You’re definitely right, I am looking for something to wear casual and also get away with for semi-formal dinners! Thanks again!

Yes- the handle keeps hitting me in lower chest/upper stomach area when I took it out one day and went to open to pay for a purchase.
Awesome idea- any tips on getting a longer chain- Do you use one from Chanel? Where/how would I find one that would work?
Thank you for the advice!

I bought my crossbody chain from mautto. They have a couple of selections to choose from.

IMG_4490.JPG

Yes- the handle keeps hitting me in lower chest/upper stomach area when I took it out one day and went to open to pay for a purchase.
Awesome idea- any tips on getting a longer chain- Do you use one from Chanel? Where/how would I find one that would work?
Thank you for the advice!

Mautto straps (Mautto.com, Amazon & Etsy) and k-craft straps (Amazon & eBay) are what I use. There are options for leather, chain or interwoven leather chains that look like the original Chanel chain.

Thank you so much for the advice, it’s a beautiful bag- you are right! I will try to use it to see if I really do want to part with it- I would definitely not want to kick myself later for parting with such a gorg bag.

Took her out for a spin today, she’s definitely a show stopper ❤️

Attachments

• 1B7A5037-5B24-4671-9614-8FFC25AD8136.jpeg
    1B7A5037-5B24-4671-9614-8FFC25AD8136.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 938