**Coco Handle** Club

Hello! Does anyone know if coco handle release a version without removable strap? I bought a bag today and I didn’t realised the strap is not removable. It makes me wonder if my bag is authentic
Hi! Yes, the Coco Handle's initial release was with a strap that was attached. After that season, Chanel started making them with a removable strap (my SA at the time said clients asked for a removable strap which is why Chanel made the change).

The bag you got, if authentic, should be around 2015 which is when it first came out. If the seller said it's brand new or a few years old, I would question that.

If you can return the bag (you can always say false advertising, neglected to say the strap was attached and not removable), I would personally look for a Coco Handle with a removable strap.

I think the bag looks much nicer without the strap for formal events. The strap dangling on the bag makes it look too casual/sloppy for dressy events. I take my strap off for such events, and the bag looks great, very elegant.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps. Good luck!

@everland UPDATE: I checked the years, and the Coco Handle came out in 2015. The detachable straps came out in 2016, so I was off by a year in my original post above. I have updated the date. I think your bag would be 2015 if it's authentic, so it should be priced accordingly as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choubaroo and BB8
Hi! Yes, the Coco Handle's initial release was with a strap that was attached. After that season, Chanel started making them with a removable strap (my SA at the time said clients asked for a removable strap which is why Chanel made the change).

The bag you got, if authentic, should be around 2015 which is when it first came out. If the seller said it's brand new or a few years old, I would question that.

If you can return the bag (you can always say false advertising, neglected to say the strap was attached and not removable), I would personally look for a Coco Handle with a removable strap.

I think the bag looks much nicer without the strap for formal events. The strap dangling on the bag makes it look too casual/sloppy for dressy events. I take my strap off for such events, and the bag looks great, very elegant.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps. Good luck!

@everland UPDATE: I checked the years, and the Coco Handle came out in 2015. The detachable straps came out in 2016, so I was off by a year in my original post above. I have updated the date. I think your bag would be 2015 if it's authentic, so it should be priced accordingly as well.
Thank you for sharing! The seller is not very helpful when I contacted her. I doubt she will let me refund. :sad:

I agree with you, having it detachable would make the bag more versatile. I regret not paying attention to these details..

I am not sure if they price accordingly. I paid around 6k sgd and it’s a navy color bag with navy handle.

Thank you for sharing! The seller is not very helpful when I contacted her. I doubt she will let me refund. :sad:

I agree with you, having it detachable would make the bag more versatile. I regret not paying attention to these details..

I am not sure if they price accordingly. I paid around 6k sgd and it’s a navy color bag with navy handle.
Well, if she will not allow you to refund, it's not the end of the world.
6K SGD is about $4.4K USD, and even though the strap is not removable, you got a good price. I assume yours is the small/medium as Chanel did not make the mini back then.

I would think your bag is authentic as I would think fake bags today are made with the removable strap. I think your bag's serial number should start in the 21 to 22s as that was around 2015-2016.

The Coco handle is a great bag. I think you will love it. When you carry it at times when you are more dressy, just loop the strap (make a figure 8) one time over the handle so that the leather strap part is in front of the bag. It will shorten the strap a bit and not make the strap look so dangly. I do that sometimes when my strap is on my bag, but I am hand carrying it.

I am sure you will enjoy it. It's a beautiful bag, and congratulations!

Reactions: everland
Thank you! I guess it’s not a big issue for me. Just a little upset that this information was not share when I’m purchasing the bag.

Can I also check, does the leather crease when you guys open the bag? Mine have two crease lines at the top, near the handle.. and I wonder if it’s common and unavoidable?

Thank you! I guess it’s not a big issue for me. Just a little upset that this information was not share when I’m purchasing the bag.

Can I also check, does the leather crease when you guys open the bag? Mine have two crease lines at the top, near the handle.. and I wonder if it’s common and unavoidable?
I’ll answer and others can chime in. Both my Coco Handles do not have those creases.

Mine creases like this when I open it but goes back to normal when it's closed. Don't all bags do this?

Attachments

• PXL_20240424_132426452.jpg
    PXL_20240424_132426452.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 11