Coco Chanel's Life Story - from Chanel No 5 To Nazi Spy

I just found this article. So interesting - thanks for posting. I always wondered what happened to her at the end of the war. I remember seeing the French fashion dolls of Theatre de la Mode, and although every major French fashion house was represented there was no Chanel. No explanation was given; now I know she was probably persona non grata.

Bump ... did anybody see the TV movie 'Coco Chanel' on Lifetime last Saturday? I was intrigued by her life story too. The TV movie was OK, thought it was a mini series but have not seen anything on new episodes. I have to admit, I was moved by her love story with Boy Capel - although I am sure they dramatized it. What did you think if you'd seen the TV movie?

Bump ... did anybody see the TV movie 'Coco Chanel' on Lifetime last Saturday? I was intrigued by her life story too. The TV movie was OK, thought it was a mini series but have not seen anything on new episodes. I have to admit, I was moved by her love story with Boy Capel - although I am sure they dramatized it. What did you think if you'd seen the TV movie?
I thought it was very entertaining. Some of those beach scenes looked like ads. I thought the acting was good as well although I thought and always think that Shirley over acts, she kind of reminded me of Michael Myers in drag

I thought it was just ok - agree, didn't like glossing over the unpleasant stuff re Nazi part of her history. Also, I found the back and forth in time very distracting...JMO

BIG thread in the Chanel Forum:yes:

I'm definitely surprised the new miniseries on Apple TV+, 'The New Look', is daring to show Chanel as she actually was... a willing Nazi collaborator.

I love Juliette Binoche, but I'm not sure she's the right choice for Chanel... she just radiates natural warmth and positivity, lol... I would have gone with Isabelle Huppert.