Coco Cabas Controversy

CHANELboy

Dec 18, 2006
I know that I have talked with many of you about the supposed different sizes of the "Baby" Cabas. I received the knew CHANEL lookbook today for fall. There are two sizes. The new size, which is larger, is a North/South version of the original "Baby" Coco Cabas from Cruise 2007 collection. The prices for the fall merchandise will be $1995 for the orginial size and $2195 for the North/South size.

I hope this clears up all of the questions that I have been asked.

I know that I have talked with many of you about the supposed different sizes of the "Baby" Cabas. I received the knew CHANEL lookbook today for fall. There are two sizes. The new size, which is larger, is a North/South version of the original "Baby" Coco Cabas from Cruise 2007 collection. The prices for the fall merchandise will be $1995 for the orginial size and $2195 for the North/South size.

I hope this clears up all of the questions that I have been asked.
Actually, it doesn't... for me. :P

Are you saying there will be no original, oversize Cabas? Just a larger Baby that is North/South (what does that mean?) and more editions of the Cruise Baby Cabas?

The way I understand it, the original oversize will not be returning and there are now two sizes of the Cruise Baby Cabas: the original version from Cruise that retailed for $1795 and is now increased to $1995, and the new n/s version which is taller than the Cruise BC.

The way I understand it, the original oversize will not be returning and there are now two sizes of the Cruise Baby Cabas: the original version from Cruise that retailed for $1795 and is now increased to $1995, and the new n/s version which is taller than the Cruise BC.
Thank you for the clarification, roey!

I would love to see a picture of that, since I'm wait-listed for it. Wouldn't a N/S version make it a tote and not a Cabas? Does anyone have a picture?

I will not have pictures until our Fall/Winter trunk show.

For fall, we are receiving both the original "Baby" Cabas and the new "North/South" Cabas. The colors will be either black or khaki (bronze).