Coco Boy or Classic Flap Maxi? Help Appreciated! :)

Mh786

MoZizzle ;)
Mar 6, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hi all,

I'm in Dubai on vacation and am torn between a red patent Coco Boy bag or a Maxi Classic Flap red in lambskin. The SA (who is AMAZING!!) was nice enough to hold the Coco Boy until Saturday when I need to make a final decision.

Ladies and gents of TPF, HELP! I can't decide since I love both!

Both are amazing bags, but I worry about how patent will age over time. I would use them on more "dressy-casual" occasions, but can't decide which one will work the best. I have a few Classic Flaps and seasons in different sizes, but don't have any Boy Bags. What are your thoughts on the Coco Boy? It is a cross between chevron and quilted, and is from the new seasonal collection.

Thanks for the help! :biggrin:

Jan 30, 2014
Not keen on coco Boy. looks weird to me with the mixed pattern. Moreover, cf will have better resale value than cocoboy if there's a need to sell in the future.

smile4me6

Jan 2, 2012
Classic flap all day everyday!! Don't really like patent bc mine started to crack after a few wears!! Have had my lambskin flaps for years w no problems!! Not to mention resale value is much much better

Mh786

MoZizzle ;)
Mar 6, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Classic flap all day everyday!! Don't really like patent bc mine started to crack after a few wears!! Have had my lambskin flaps for years w no problems!! Not to mention resale value is much much better
How hard is Chanel patent to care for? I tend to baby my lambskin pieces and am quite a bit rougher with my caviar ones. I read mixed things on patent's durability in some of the other posts, but am interested to know how it holds up over time.

smile4me6

Jan 2, 2012
How hard is Chanel patent to care for? I tend to baby my lambskin pieces and am quite a bit rougher with my caviar ones. I read mixed things on patent's durability in some of the other posts, but am interested to know how it holds up over time.

Patent was a lot harder for me!!! I do not baby bags and lambskin has been good to me however I have not carried them on a daily basis!! Caviar however can be thrown around and still look brand new. I had issues when opening and closing. Got a crease almost immediately and it seemed like the coating was not the best. It seemed like it was going to fall apart right away. Not to mention color transfer.

Snowy71

Mar 5, 2016
I vote for classic flap !!! Timeless and elegant , I will choose cf if need to pick one ! Good luck in your decision :smile: