Coco Boy or Classic Flap Maxi? Help Appreciated! :)

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I'm in Dubai on vacation and am torn between a red patent Coco Boy bag or a Maxi Classic Flap red in lambskin. The SA (who is AMAZING!!) was nice enough to hold the Coco Boy until Saturday when I need to make a final decision.

Ladies and gents of TPF, HELP! I can't decide since I love both!

Both are amazing bags, but I worry about how patent will age over time. I would use them on more "dressy-casual" occasions, but can't decide which one will work the best. I have a few Classic Flaps and seasons in different sizes, but don't have any Boy Bags. What are your thoughts on the Coco Boy? It is a cross between chevron and quilted, and is from the new seasonal collection.

Thanks for the help! :biggrin:

2. Not keen on coco Boy. looks weird to me with the mixed pattern. Moreover, cf will have better resale value than cocoboy if there's a need to sell in the future.

3. I would go with the Boy since you already have CFs in your collection

4. Classic flap all day everyday!! Don't really like patent bc mine started to crack after a few wears!! Have had my lambskin flaps for years w no problems!! Not to mention resale value is much much better

5. How hard is Chanel patent to care for? I tend to baby my lambskin pieces and am quite a bit rougher with my caviar ones. I read mixed things on patent's durability in some of the other posts, but am interested to know how it holds up over time.

6. Patent was a lot harder for me!!! I do not baby bags and lambskin has been good to me however I have not carried them on a daily basis!! Caviar however can be thrown around and still look brand new. I had issues when opening and closing. Got a crease almost immediately and it seemed like the coating was not the best. It seemed like it was going to fall apart right away. Not to mention color transfer.

7. I vote for classic flap !!! Timeless and elegant , I will choose cf if need to pick one ! Good luck in your decision :smile:

8. Classic flap! It is just a gorgeous bag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice