Cocktail Ring as Engagement Ring?

emma*puppy

Feb 18, 2008
Just wondering which one you ladies would pick as an engagement ring. I've tried on both several times.

Here are the links for reference:
Solitaire ring - brilliant cut, 1.4 carats: http://tiny.cc/8x2so

Cocktail ring - floral-themed, 2.33 carats or so TW: http://tiny.cc/xs8w8

I've tried on bands with the cocktail ring so the setting will not be an issue.

However, the sales associate mentioned that there's a pink diamond cushion cut solitaire ring designs coming in the next few months that starts around the same price as the cocktail ring for a 1.4 carat.

The sales associate, after watching me, thinks I really like the cocktail ring. I think I do too, so I guess I'm looking for validation?

TIA for your response!

I personally wouldn't want the cocktail ring as my E ring, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you love it!

That's a tough choice... are you a traditional kind of gal or are you more of a unique girl? I picked out a 3 stone (sapphire in the middle) ring as my engagement ring before they were popular, because I wanted something different. If you think the cocktail ring is going to make you happy over the years, then by all means you should get it. Congrats on the engagement!

The cocktail ring is beautiful!

I personally feel that an engagement ring is suppose to be a [sort of] reminder to as why one wants to get married, all the good times a couple has had together, and future promises. Screw what other people have! lol. If the floral ring can serve that purpose then why not?

I'd go with the cocktail ring to be unique; it really is very pretty too. There are other chances to ask for a solitaire ring! Anniversary perhaps? :graucho:
But as well, are you a person that changes tastes often? If so, you might get tired of the cocktail ring (style) in the long run... might as well go with the classic solitaire then.

I would go for the lovely cocktail as I feel your heart sing BUT consider well of you are bored easily by clothes, bags and shoes for example. If you are you could better wait for the pink solitaire (wow!!!).
Have fun making your decision!!

Oh, I vote cocktail ring without question!! It is absolutely stunning! It makes me think of society figures from the 20s and 30s with their statement pieces of jewllery.

I think it is a wonderful idea and very special.

Hands down, either the cocktail ring or the pink cushion.

My co-worker and I both remember this one client's amazzzing set: she wore a floral pave Van Cleef cocktail ring over a plain Cartier gold band. We both really admired it!

I also remembered seeing another woman with a statement black diamond pave band as an engagement ring and a Tiffany 18k gold somerset (mesh) ring as her wedding band stacked together. I still remember these combinations (and I see a lot of fabulous jewelry all day).

I would wait to see the pink cushion, just in case you never know that could be the one! it sounds gorgeous btw....

but if the choice is out of the two and the cocktail makes you go:faint: then it's the one for you!

Hands down, either the cocktail ring or the pink cushion.

My co-worker and I both remember this one client's amazzzing set: she wore a floral pave Van Cleef cocktail ring over a plain Cartier gold band. We both really admired it!

I also remembered seeing another woman with a statement black diamond pave band as an engagement ring and a Tiffany 18k gold somerset (mesh) ring as her wedding band stacked together. I still remember these combinations (and I see a lot of fabulous jewelry all day).

This VCA ring is actually very popular here in Japan as an ering. But then again women here don't usually wear their ering on a daily basis, they only take them out during special occasions.

I personally think that cocktail ring might be a little too flashy for daily wear, although no doubt that it is a beautiful ring :biggrin: But if you are okay with it then go for it!