Cobbler RUINED my louboutins! Is there a CL ER/hospital for ruined shoes?

chicbabacool

May 31, 2007
Ok, so I finally decided to take the plunge and put red rubber soles on my CL simple pumps. I went to the local cobbler and it was a nice place so I figured "why not"? BIG mistake. For my Guccis I sent them three hours away to the people Neiman's uses.

When I came to pick up my shoes, they were under a PILE of work boots. That was the first signal that something was wrong. Then when they gave me the shoes I saw that they had extended the rubber sole far up the tounge. I had asked that they only put it on the bottom (apparently they didn't know what that meant). Now the part that went up the sole peeled off so the brown sole is exposed for half an inch!!! They ground down my shoe because there is a ledge between the red sole and the brown undersole.

I'm in tears. I have never cried over a ruined pair of shoes, but then again I have never spent over $500 on a pair of shoes. How in the world could this be fixed? I would be willing to pay however much it takes. I cannot wear them out in public like this so I might as well not even own them. Does ANYONE know of an expert cobbler who could fix them? They are totally ruined. I will pay to mail them anywhere in the world if I have to.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Here's a picture so you have an idea of what I'm dealing with :cry baby:. Look at how they even damaged the red on the sole next to the ground down part. I need a louboutin doctor ASAP!

2026675402_7cf42c9bfb.jpg

2025942991_f1c3b1b320.jpg

This is my worst nightmare. I'm sitting here sobbing at my computer because these were my favorite pair of shoes ever. I saved up for them for months! Please someone has to know where these can be sent to be fixed. I'd even have them sent back to the CL headquarters if I could!

I'm sure they could put another piece of red rubber over that spot but I want them to go back to the way they were. Unfortunately I think it's way beyond that point. I got the soles from YummyChouChou on ebay so I bet I could get another one and trim a piece off and put it there.

I didn't say anything when I picked them up because I didn't want to be THAT person. I live in an economically depressed area and I wanted to blurt out "These shoes were $500 and you put them UNDER workboots? What is wrong with you?" but I just bit my tongue and said nothing. I just won't ever go back there or recommend them to anyone. I like to think I took the classy route.

Obviously I should have never taken them there in the first place. Too bad I can't go back in time.

Seriously though, if anyone knows of a cobbler who does outstanding work please PM me. At this point I'm not sure what anyone could do.

The lesson I've learned is don't try to preserve the red sole! First I tried footpetals and that didn't work, now having rubber soles mounted has ruined them

chicbabacool sorry to hear of this, I feel your dissapointment. My recommendation is to ship your shoes to a cobbler that has experience working with Louboutins such as Arties shoe service in manhattan or maybe some on the locals on the forum can make other cobbler recommendations. You can call the cobbler and discuss possible remedies with them.

Were they aware the shoes were expensive/very important to you when you brought them in? They may have thought that these were just any old pair of heels so that's why they didn't pay any special attention to them :shrugs: I always find that if I tell an alterations place that an item has special value to me, they are more careful with it.

At the same time, if you are unhappy with the cobbling job and don't tell them that they did something wrong, they can't improve their services. They won't know better for next time and may do that to someone else's shoes. And I'm by no means advocating throwing a fit and being "that girl," but just explaining that you are disappointed in the final outcome. Just my opinion though!

As for fixing them - what about calling the store from which you bought the shoes? They may be able to help you locate a cobbler that can help correct the mistakes. Good luck!

I'm going back to New York for Thanksgiving so hopefully I'll be able to drop them off at Arties. I did a little googling and it looks like he's the shoe guru!

I've calmed down a bit more now. My boyfriend hugged me and told me that in 10 years I will look back fondly on my "test pair" of louboutins because at least I made all the mistakes on one pair of shoes. From now on I know how to treat them with love, I won't EVER wear them in the rain (paint will peel), not try crazy methods to keep the red on the sole. So now every pair I get after this will be cared for like a babe from my own busom.

Worst case scenario: I have to buy more red rubber and cut a piece to put in the space. It'll still look cheap because it goes up along the tongue but at least they'll be wearable.

If anyone else has anymore advice, please don't hold back!

awwwwwww!!!!!!! I feel soo bad!!! I bought the same soles from the same person on ebay. I live in NJ, so I brought it to my SA at Neiman Marcus at the Short Hills mall...they send theirs out to a great cobbler in Morristown NJ.
The cobbler is called....
Rago Brothers
142 Speedwell Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960
973-539-7949
www.ragobrothers.com

I have my Decollete & Mad Marys there now, so I cant tell you exactly how they are going to come out. They should be ready by tom, so I will post pics once I get them. I do trust them because If Neimans, Saks, Nordstroms sends them there for you, they should be good. I will be more than happy to post pics once I get them. I saw my SA tonight actually & he has been telling lots of people to do this with the red sole.
Stay tuned for pics.

I have stopped trying to preserve my red soles too. I had tried sole stoppers, and oh boy...what a mess. It's sad to see the soles get roughed up, but I guess that's what their suppose to do. I'm anxious to see how yours turn out, stinas.

i guess you should bring them to a professional cobbler and get them fixed. so far my loubs are alright when i got their soles fixed, i didn't get the red rubber soles, they're usually black or in beige to match the color of the shoes. i am going to get 2 pairs of loub soles fixed, hopefully they will be fine. i go back to the same cobbler all the time, maybe this time i could get red rubber soles fixed! all the best sweetie, don't be too upset! there's always hope!! ;)